How to apply for a postgraduate course
When should you apply?
All taught postgraduate degree programmes start in mid-September, with some also offering the option of a January intake. Applications can be submitted at any time during the preceding twelve months, but must be received before the start of the programme.
Applications for the MPhil and PhD degrees can be submitted at any time throughout the calendar year. Applicants for the MPhil and PhD degrees should enclose a short summary (about 1,500–2,000 words) outlining the intended research topic alongside the application.
Include the following...
You should enclose the following documents with your application:
- Certification of your degree and/or other academic qualifications (for those who have already graduated) from the awarding institution in the form of either:
- certified copy of the certificate/transcript, or
- an original letter of confirmation of the award signed by an officer of the institution and authenticated with the institution’s official stamp.
- Please do not send your original degree certificate by post
- Research proposal (if applying for MPhil or PhD)
- IELTS score (for those whose first language is not English or Welsh)
Find out more about our entry requirements on our Postgraduate Entry Requirements page.
If you have any problems with the applications process, or you’d like to know what’s happening with your application, then please contact our Postgraduate Administration Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also find it useful to make contact with one of our network of international recruitment agents, who can help with the process of application and issues such as visa application.