Family & Welfare Law
Family and Welfare Law 2023-24
School Of History, Law And Social Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
The module will allow the student to study modern English and Welsh family and welfare law, in particular the law relating to adult relationships and family property, the relationship between children and adults, the resolution of disputes concerning children, the protection of children, legal responses to domestic abuse, and the law relating to homelessness and the protection of elderly and vulnerable adults.
- Articulate detailed knowledge of English and Welsh family and welfare law and apply them to actual or hypothetical factual scenarios.
- Demonstrate comprehensive practical understanding of relevant law relating to English and Welsh family and welfare law.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and the ability to carry out independent legal research in relation to English and Welsh family and welfare law.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of contemporary debates in relation to English and Welsh family and welfare law.
- Identify, synthesise, and analyse relevant legal sources in relation to English and Welsh family and welfare law.