Making the link between environmental science and engineering places us in a strong position to develop the multidisciplinary research required to tackle some of the greatest global grand challenges in sustainability. In recent years we have made substantial investments in buildings and equipment, alongside strategic staff appointments, in order to achieve this goal.
Our research and teaching facilities include:
- Large, modern, well equipped teaching and research laboratories;
- A £3.5 million seagoing research vessel and three smaller inshore vessels;
- A Natural History Museum with extensive invertebrate and vertebrate collections;
- A research farm: Henfaes Research Centre
- The BioComposites Centre,
- Treborth Botanic Garden;
- Environment Centre for Wales
- Marine and freshwater aquaria.
The College of Science and Engineering, Bangor University Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 2DG, UK