Trends in Marketing
Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
10.000 Credydau neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Stephen Jones
The aim of this module is to develop students' understanding of contemporary issues and trends in marketing. Students will develop the ability to apply core marketing principles to the analysis of contemporary issues and practices in marketing. Students will also be able to critically analyse the effect of current marketing practices on the wider society.
Given the nature of this module, the content is updated frequently and may vary from year to year. The module will cover current trends in marketing such as New technologies and their use in marketing; Automation; Artificial Intelligence; Circular Economy.
C- i C+
C- to C+ (C- to C+ / 50-59%) Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
High standard (B- to B+ / 60-69%): Very good performance. Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
(A- to A* / 70+%) An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
(D- to D+ / 40-49%) No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
Apply marketing principles, analytical and critical skills to contemporary marketing issues and problems
Analyse the challenges and opportunities of contemporary business practices for companies.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of current issues and trends in marketing
Analyse the impact of contemporary marketing practices on consumers and the wider society.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Lecture 2 hour lectures across Semester 2.
Research, essential reading.
Regular seminars throughout semester - students will be asked to prepare and give presentations
- Literacy - Proficiency in reading and writing through a variety of media
- Self-Management - Able to work unsupervised in an efficient, punctual and structured manner. To examine the outcomes of tasks and events, and judge levels of quality and importance
- Exploring - Able to investigate, research and consider alternatives
- Information retrieval - Able to access different and multiple sources of information
- Inter-personal - Able to question, actively listen, examine given answers and interact sentistevely with others
- Critical analysis & Problem Solving - Able to deconstruct and analyse problems or complex situations. To find solutions to problems through analyses and exploration of all possibilities using appropriate methods, rescources and creativity.
- Presentation - Able to clearly present information and explanations to an audience. Through the written or oral mode of communication accurately and concisely.
- Argument - Able to put forward, debate and justify an opinion or a course of action, with an individual or in a wider group setting
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Commercial acumen: based on an awareness of the key drivers for business success, causes of failure and the importance of providing customer satisfaction and building customer loyalty.
- Networking: an awareness of the interpersonal skills of effective listening, negotiating, persuasion and presentation and their use in generating business contacts.
- Ability to work with people from a range of cultures.
- Articulating and effectively explaining information.
- Communication and listening including the ability to produce clear, structured business communications in a variety of media.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- R1N1: BA French with Marketing year 4 (BA/FRMKT)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 4 (BA/GERMKT)
- R4N5: BA Spanish with Marketing year 4 (BA/SPMKT)
- N503: BSc Marketing (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICMRK)
- N2N5: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BMM)
- N2NC: BSc Business Man & Marketing (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BSC/BMM1)
- N5NF: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BMMF)
- N5NP: BSc Business Management and Marketing with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/BMMP)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 4 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/MKT1)
- N50F: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKTF)
- N50P: BSc Marketing with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/MKTP)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- N107: BA Business year 3 (BA/BUS)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 4 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 4 (BA/MKTFR)
- NR51: BA Marketing and French (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTFR#)
- N5R6: Marketing with French with International Experience year 4 (BA/MKTFRIE)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 4 (BA/MKTGER)
- NR52: BA Marketing and German (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTGER4)
- NR53: BA Marketing and Italian (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTITAL)
- NR54: BA Marketing and Spanish (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTSP)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 4 (BA/MKTSP#)
- N5C8: BSc Marketing with Psychology year 3 (BSC/MP)
- C6N5: BSc Sport Science & Marketing year 3 (BSC/SSM)
- CN5P: Sport Science and Marketing with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/SSMP)