Employability Based Learning 2
Employability-Based Learning 2: Professional Reflection and Personal Development (Cambria) 2023-24
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Indicative content includes:
● How learning enhances performance in a range of vocational and work-specific contexts.
● The value of reflection as a tool for improving self-awareness and critical thinking skills.
● Personal and professional development planning.
● Reflecting forward.
● The measurement of progress towards goals.
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevant areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Create a vocationally-relevant personal and professional development plan that sets
attainable work-based and employability goals and establishes how they may be measured.
- Propose, arrange, undertake and document a self-initiated work project
- Recognise, through reflection, the value of your learning experience in terms of your increased effectiveness in a range of work-based tasks and employability contexts.
Logbook Or Portfolio
Portfolio of documentation supporting a project for the student’s employer, that is proposed and agreed in advance between the student, employer and assessor. 100 hours (minimum)duration including planning / proposal. The evidence can include as example: communication records, design documentation, appraisal/manager review, activity log, assessor observation, expert witness statement and an examination of work products where appropriate.
CPD Plan Personal and professional development plan: The personal and professional development plan will set attainable future work-based and employability goals and establish a mechanism for the measurement of progress towards them.
Professional discussion reflecting on the learning experiences during level 4 and how this has increased effectiveness and employability citing specific work based tasks.