Work-based Research Dissertation
Work-based Research Dissertation 2022-23
School Of Medical And Health Sciences
Module - Semester 1 & 2
This module does not contain any taught classes, as all research skills will have been addressed in your preceding modules. However, you will attend regular research meetings with your academic supervisor to support your progress from design through implementation to evaluation.
-threshold -C+ to C-•Limited insight into how to design, implement, and evaluate a research project in the workplace•Some knowledge of work-based research projects•Understanding of the main concepts, but with factual errors in non-core concepts•Limited analysis showing only obvious points of evaluation and links between ideas•Highly limited originality in approach, interpretation, and/or voice•Highly limited evidence of independent research •Arguments presented but lack coherence with evidence for only some claims•Focused but with some irrelevant material and weaknesses in structure •Acceptable presentation with appropriate expression•Attempt at correct format in appropriate referencing style -good -B+ to B-•Some insight into how to design, implement, and evaluate a research project in the workplace•Strong knowledge of work-based research projects•Clear understanding and mostly free of factual errors •Some analysis showing critical evaluation and links between ideas•Some originality in approach, interpretation, and/or voice•Some independent research •Coherent arguments with evidence for most claims•Focused and well structured•Good presentation with accurate and appropriate expression•Mostly correct format in appropriate referencing style -excellent -A* to A-•Insightful awareness into how to design, implement, and evaluate a research project in the workplace•Comprehensive knowledge of work-based research projects•Detailed understanding with no factual errors •Critical analysis showing evaluation and synthesis of ideas•Originality in approach, interpretation, and/or voice•Extensive independent research •Logically defended arguments with evidence for all claims•Highly focused and well structured •Excellent presentation with accurate and appropriate expression•Correct format in appropriate referencing style
- Demonstrate an evidence-informed and comprehensive knowledge of models of work-based inquiry and the associated ethical implications.
- Evidence research informed leadership and management change skills showing a critical interpretation of data to draw conclusions for organisational and system improvement.
- Present research in an informative and engaging way with explicit identification of the practical applications of the findings
- Resolve complex organisational and practice issues within the context of the workplace using a empirically-informed approach, taking into consideration budgetary, political, strategic, ethical and social issues.
- Work with a range of stakeholders, networks, groups and organisations, taking responsibility for an agreed area of shared activity.
Dissertation reporting an empirical work-based project or other piece of scholarly work such as a systematic review or scoping review