Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Ruben Chapela-Orri
- To introduce students to the basic structures of the language.
- To enable students to develop basic oral skills.
This module runs during the first semester and is aimed at absolute beginners. The course is based on a communicative approach and helps students to develop all the key language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. After each of the contact hours, students are expected to spend at least 30 minutes of self-study to revise and consolidate what they have learned in class.
The textbook for this course is Menschen. Deutsch als Fremdsprache. Kursbuch A1, by Sandra Evans, Angela Pude and Franz Specht (Hueber, 2012). By the end of this course students will reach level A1 Breakthrough as defined by the Common European Framework, Language Assessment Scales.(1)
(1) Level One: Competent in a limited range of predictable and simple language tasks, using mainly set expressions and simple combinations of these. Capable of some rehearsed grammatical manipulations. This applies to all the 4 language skills: speaking, reading, listening and writing.
40-49%: For the award of credit, students should demonstrate a satisfactory comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations at a basic level.
50-69%: For the award of higher grades, students should demonstrate a solid comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations.
70+%: For the award of the highest grade, students should demonstrate a detailed comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them confidently in specific situations.
Communicate orally on basic topics
Understand and respond orally to basic questions
An understanding of the following topics and functions - Talking about oneself and others: family; daily routine; preferences; likes/dislikes; hobbies and free time - Asking and answering questions about jobs - Ordering food and drinks - Rooms/furniture/equipment - Counting up to 100 - Telling the time - Days of the week/ parts of the day
An understanding of the following grammar - Pronouns - Gender - Present tense of weak verbs and sein - Forming questions - Possessives - Indefinite and definite articles - Modal verbs - Strong verbs (lesen; fahren) - Adjectival endings
|Oral exam Week 5||30.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2 contact hours per week x 10 weeks
Students will be given homework each week to complete. They will also prepare for two exams.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- The ability to extract and synthesise key information from written and spoken sources in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4, 5.14)
- Sensitivity to and analysis of grammar and syntax in the target language, as well as basic morphology and phonology. (Benchmark statement 5.8, and 5.9)
- Basic reading and listening skills in the target language as well as vocabulary acquisition. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4, 5.7, and 5.10)
- The ability to make effective use of notes and to carry out independent study. (Benchmark statement 5.15)
- Develop verbal communication skills in the target language through group work and class discussions. (Benchmark statement 5.8)
- The ability to read, understand, translate, and write short texts in the target language (benchmark statement 5.13, 5.14, 5.15 and 5.16)
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Students have to purchase the textbook.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/lxn-1001.html
The textbook for this course is Menschen. Deutsch als Fremdsprache. Kursbuch A1, by Sandra Evans, Angela Pude and Franz Specht (Hueber, 2012).
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- QQCF: BA English Language & English Lit [with Foundation Year] year 0 (BA/ELLITF)
- V10F: BA History [with Foundation Year] year 0 (BA/HF)
- P30F: BA Media Studies [with Foundation Year] year 0 (BA/MSF)
- W30F: BA Music [with Foundation Year] year 0 (BA/MUSF)
- L20F: BA Politics [with Foundation Year] year 0 (BA/POLF)
- L30F: BA Sociology [with Foundation Year] year 0 (BA/SF)
- L40F: BA Social Policy [with Foundation Year] year 0 (BA/SOCPOLF)
- L30P: BA Sociology with Placement Year year 0 (BA/SOP)
- W32F: BMus Music [with Foundation Year] year 0 (BMUS/MUSF)