Technology in Teaching
Rhedir gan School of Medical and Health Sciences
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Suman Mitra
The primary aim of this module is to help students facilitate learning using small group teaching and simulation/technology as a tool. The module encourages students to build on their own experiences and practice with simulation technologies and technology in general, to consider relevance of these technologies and to develop new skills that can be applied to their teaching and learning environment.
Topics will include: Understanding the use of simulation technology •
Evaluation of teaching methods using simulation •
Use of simulation methods to assess clinical skills Learning activities for simulation technology • Planning a simulation session • Analysis of learning outcomes of simulation session Reflection and action planning • Developing your ideas.
Distinction (70% and over):
Students will demonstrate a high level of knowledge, understanding, and skills for meeting the learning outcomes. Students will demonstrate a high level of analysis of own experience in relation to the theories and applications of the theories. There will be evidence of attaining an advanced knowledge of material beyond that contained in set texts and has done considerable wider reading. All completed assessment exercises will be at a high standard. Written work will be clear and concise, without errors.
Higher A marks require clear evidence of wider reading and critical thinking.
Pass (50 – 59%):
Students will demonstrate a basic level of knowledge, understanding, and skills required for meeting the learning outcomes. Students will demonstrate a general level of understanding of the practical and theoretical perspectives and are able to make some references to relevant literature. For the critical analysis, students will have attained a basic knowledge of material contained in set texts or reading materials with the links between theory and own practice fairly clear in parts. Students will have satisfactorily completed essential assessment exercises. Written work will be acceptable but with a number of errors evident.
Merit (60 -69%):
Students will demonstrate a comprehensive level of knowledge, understanding, and skills required for meeting the learning outcomes. Students will demonstrate familiarity with and the ability to apply a range of approaches, methods and conceptual tools. Self-reflection and practice improvement will be based on reasonable theoretical rationale. There will be evidence of attaining a sound knowledge of material contained in set texts or reading materials and undertaking wider reading. All completed assessment exercises will be at a proficient level. Written work will be of good standard only with some errors evident. Limited evidence of wider reading and critiacl thinking, work are largely based on module materials.
• Critically evaluate the function of technology as an aid to teaching and learning facilitation in medical education.
Demonstrate use of technology in teaching
|TRAETHAWD||Critical Writing Piece||
Critique the use of technology in teaching. Consider the benefits to the students, the lecturer, Access and Cost considerations You can use either audience response tools, other software, mannequins or other aides Back up your arguments and points with literature Reflect briefly on your experience of using technology
Create a power point to conduct a lesson using a simulation model of your choice, include lerning outcomes Provide a session plan Provide a suitable assessment that your students could do to achieve the learning outcomes stated in your power point
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2 hours of contact time will be delivered as a single 2 hour introductory lecture
6 hours of contact time will be delivered in 3x2 hour blocks consisting of small group tutorials supported by case studies and group discussions
A further 10 hours of contact time will be spent in practical activities including simulation sessions, undertaking and observing simulations, evaluating teaching by simulation and preparing simulation scenarios.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Ymwybyddiaeth o ddiogelwch - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch amgylchedd a hyder o ran cadw at reoliadau iechyd a diogelwch
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Mentora - Gallu cefnogi, helpu, arwain, ysbrydoli ac/neu hyfforddi eraill
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.