UMAL Travel Cover Information
UMAL Members will have access to an online platform, RiskMonitor Traveller, which combines 24/7/365 realtime alerts with country analysis and advice delivered through a single web portal and mobile app, giving your staff and students valuable information to properly prepare themselves for travel, mitigate risks and provide timely and accurate intelligence with actionable advice when incidents do occur.
To access the new online intelligence platform:
- Visit www.drum-cussac.net
- Enter your bangor.ac.uk e-mail address, click register and follow the instructions online
- A verification email will be sent. Click the link, create your password and you’re good to go!
You can also download the GlobalRiskManager app:
Both the web service and app can be configured to provide travel alerts based on country or region, severity of event, category and proximity. Instructions to do so can be found on the UMAL website: www.umal.co.uk/travel-alerts.php.
We are also providing Members with access to TravelPrepare, an expanded e-learning facility to assist both staff and students prior to travel. To access this service:
- Visit https://travelprepare.drum-cussac.net/login/self-registration.php
- Enter your bangor.ac.uk e-mail address and the re-captcha code and click ‘submit’
- A verification email will be sent. Click the link, add your details and create your password
- Day to day log in to the platform (once self registration is completed) is: https://travelprepare.drum-cussac.net