Chevening Scholarships - Bangor University
Bangor University is a popular destination for Chevening Scholars and we are very pleased to support this scholarship programme.
What are Chevening Scholarships?
- Chevening scholarships are the UK government's global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
- The scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential.
- Awards are typically for a one year Master’s degree at universities across the UK.
- There are over 44,000 Chevening Alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
- For further information, please refer to the Chevening website .
Who can apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
- Chevening Scholarships are for talented professionals who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields, including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion, and academia.
- Applicants should be high calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
- Chevening Scholarships are available to students from more than 160 countries and territories worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU).
- More than 1,500 scholarships are available.
How can I apply for Chevening Scholarships?
- The application deadline date for the 2019/20 Chevening Scholarship is 6 November 2018 at 12:00 GMT.
- Applications must be submitted via the Chevening website.
- Please refer to the guidance on the website before applying, including the frequently asked questions.
- You should also refer to the country webpages on the Chevening website which contain guidance for applicants from your country, including priority subject areas.
- More information and guidance on applying can also be found in the 'Apply for a Chevening Scholarship' brochure.
Read more about Chevening here.
Chevening Scholarship Videos
Chevening Scholarship 2018
The Chevening Scholars talk about the UK Government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders and studying at Bangor University.
Chevening Scholarship Programme
Here are six students who came to Bangor University to study on the Chevening programme.
Chevening Scholarship Programme - Julius Alejandre
Julius Alejandre from the Philippines talks about the honour of receiving a Chevening Scholarship. Julius will return to the Philippines to further his career in Public Health and Health Promotion.
Chevening Scholarship Programme - Bidhya Sharma
Bidhya Sharma from Nepal talks about studying Wetland Science for Conservation at Bangor as part of her Chevening Scholarship.
Chevening Scholarship Programme - Denis Montadas
Denis Montadas from Cuba talks about receiving a Chevening Scholarship and studying at Bangor Business School.
Chevening Scholarship Programme - Fabian Xochipa
Fabian Xochipa from Mexico talks about studying at Bangor University Law School for his Chevening Scholarship.
Chevening Scholarship Programme - Salohy Andrianofonjatovo
Salohy from Madagascar is studying Environmental and Business Management at Bangor University.
Chevening Scholarship Programme - Edmond Bayisabe
Edmond Bayisabe from Burundi tells us about his experience of studying an LLM in Law and Banking at Bangor University with the Chevening Scholarship Programme.
Chevening Scholarship Programme - Francis Muhire
Francis Muhire from Burundi explains about his time at Bangor University studying International, Commercial and Business Law.
Chevening Scholarship Programme - Moni Benedicte
Moni from Democratic Republic of the Congo studies in Masters in Molecular Biology with Biotechnology.
Chevening Scholarship Programme - Rita Ratsisetraina
Rita from Madagascar is studying for her Masters in Conservation and Land Management at Bangor University with the Chevening Scholarship Programme.
Chevening Scholarship Programme - Sayed Ziwary
Sayed Ziwary from Afghanistan has been studying his Masters in Public Health and Health Promotion at Bangor University with the Chevening Scholarship Programme.