Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
Applications for September 2019 entry closed on 14 March 2019. Please keep checking this page for 2020 entry information.
Bangor University, the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and the Windle Trust (NGO) are jointly funding 3 scholarships for masters study at Bangor University in September 2019. We will only consider applications from strong candidates resident in Uganda and Kenya who are refugees, internally displaced or have otherwise been affected by conflict.
The scholarships are open to students applying for the following taught masters programmes to begin their studies in September 2019:
- MSc Agroforestry
- MSc Conservation and Land Management
- MSc Environment and Business Management
- LLM Public Procurement Law and Strategy
- MSc Public Health and Health Promotion
We recommend that you contact the Windle Trust to express your interest in the scholarship: https://windle.org.uk/scholarships
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award
- Tuition fees
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,034 per month,
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a dissertation, where applicable
- Warm clothing allowance and visa reimbursement, where applicable Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
No additional allowances are available for spouses or other dependants
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country, we will only consider applicants from Kenya and Uganda.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
- By August 2019, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
- Be unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK
How to Apply
You must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS), the EAS site is now open for applications. Click here for full information on how to use the EAS, including detailed guides.
Do not apply directly to Bangor University. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to make an application to Bangor University.
All applications must be submitted by 16.00 (BST) on 14th March 2019 at the latest.
For further details on the scheme please see the Commonwealth Scholarship website.