Even if you do not submit your project for ethical approval you are still required to inform the School of Medical and Health Sciences that the research is taking place using one of the methods outlined below.
Project Registration for Literature and Systematic Review Research
Although there is no need to submit literature or systematic review research for ethical approval you are still required to notify the AEC that you are undertaking the research by clicking the link below and completing the registration form.
Project Registration/Review for Secondary Data Analysis
Projects involving the analysis of secondary data may still require ethical approval. Please download the Project Registration/Review Form here, and submit to the Chair of the Ethics Committee for consideration, along with a copy of your research proposal. Further guidance on secondary data analysis is included in the Research Policy. You can contact the Chair of the Ethics Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Registration and Radiation Register for Experiments Based in X-ray Room
The Project Registration and Radiation Register form can be downloaded here. Please complete the form and submit to the designated Radiation Protection Supervisor for approval. The signed copy should then be submitted to the Chair of the Ethics Committee. You can contact the Chair of the Ethics Committee via email@example.com.
Bangor University Guidance
- Fieldwork Handbook
- GDPR information
- Procedure Approval Registration Sensitive Research
- Certificate of Employers' Liability Insurance Aug 1st 2021 - July 31st 2022
- Research Ethics Policy
- Data management Policy BU
- Ethics and Welsh
For access to BCUHB Research Governance Policy and Standard Operating Procedures please contact;
Dr Huw Roberts firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidance for Completing Electronic Submission
Resources for Clinical Trials
- HCMS AEC Process of scrutiny, approval and monitoring (Bangor University)
- Trial Checklist
- Sponsorship Principles and Role of the Sponsor
- MHRA GCP Guide
- Sponsorship representatives
- Gaining NHS Research Permission
- Ethical Review of Student Research
- Do you need a Research Passport
- Policy and standards: Research Passports
- Decision Tools
- Defining NHS Research
- Guidance on NHS Application process
- IRAS New Users
- Guidance for non-NHS research