The School of Ocean Sciences has excellent support facilities for both teaching and research.
These range from:
- large, modern, well equipped teaching laboratories to
- high tech' research laboratories;
- from small boats to a 35 metre seagoing research vessel;
- from a local area PC based computer network to powerful number crunching workstations used in numerical ocean modelling;
- from photographic and desktop publishing graphics systems to in-house electrical and mechanical workshops capable of designing and building state of the art oceanographic equipment;
- from traditional books and journals to the latest electronic library resources (via the Main Science Library in Bangor);
- from a filtered seawater supply direct from the Menai Strait to tropical and cool water marine aquaria
The links below gives further details of some of these facilities.