Bursaries & Scholarships
Bangor’s elite athletes awarded Sports Scholarships
Every year, Bangor University supports students with sporting ability by offering a number of Sports Scholarships for students studying for a degree in any subject area.
Have a look at what Sport Bangor has to offer
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for 2020/21 applications. Closing date March 31st & October 31st 2020.
Canolfan Brailsford Bursaries 2020/21
A limited number of Canolfan Brailsford bursaries are available to athletes of excellence to enable them to use the recreation facilities at Canolfan Brailsford as part of their training programmes.
- Bursaries are aimed at members of the local community who are pressing for representative honours.
- The grant will offset the charges for use of the Fitness Rooms and / or other training facilities, which are an integral part of the applicant’s training programme. It will not cover the costs of recreational use of facilities.
- Applications should provide a written case for use of specific facilities and include an outlined training programme, a curriculum vitae and a note of support from their coach.
- Applications for 2020/21 should be submitted by Monday, October 5th 2020 to email@example.com.
Applications will be considered by Canolfan Brailsford Management Team.
The Llew Rees Memorial Prize
- Winner 2019: Theo Schoebel - Karate
- Winner 2018: Catrin Jones – Weightlifting
- Winner 2017: Chrystal Williams – Powerlifting
- Winner 2016: Rhun Williams - Rugby
This prize is awarded annually to the Bangor University student who has made the greatest contribution to raising the profile of Bangor University sport by his or her personal achievement at the national or international level and has also contributed and participated in competitions representing the University as an individual or as a team member.
For more information please contact Iona Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.