Institute of European Finance
The Institute of European Finance provides specialist consultancy and project reports to banks, financial services firms, trade associations, governments, international organisations and public sector organisations. It has wide experience of analysing the external economic and business environment that affects strategic planning, international competitiveness and public policy within the banking and financial sector.
The Institute of European Finance's strength is a combination of its successful track record, in-house research and project management teams and its extensive network of international financial sector specialists from both the academic and financial world. The result is high quality, market based studies which provide practical solutions to the problems of change in banking and financial markets.
Sponsors of the Institute of European Finance have included:
Banks and Securities Firms
(Argentaria, Banco Vizcaya Bilbao, Bankers Trust, BBL, MC Securities, Citibank, Istituto Bancario San Paolo di Torino, Merrill Lynch)
(EC, EFTA, OECD, The World Bank)
(HM treasury, Office of Fair Trading, Ministry of Finance Norway, French Government)
(Spanish Savings Banking Association)
(Arthur Andersen, Coopers & Lybrand, Price Waterhouse)
(Euromoney, Financial Times, Macmillan)
Why choose the Institute of European Finance?
The resources of Institute of European Finance give it many advantages in providing consultancy and research services including:
- Researches with an international reputation in banking, financial services and financial studies.
- Wide experience of research and consultancy on the financial systems and institutions of many countries in Europe and beyond
- Unrivalled collection of specialist market research material
- Staff whose members are specialists in the operational and strategic issues facing financial service firms
- Active links with market participants, research institutes, universities and experts in a wide range of related fields
- Proven track record of success on major projects and research consultancies
Institute of European Finance Services - Research and consultancy on:
- Financial liberalisation and structural reform in banking and financial markets
- Offshore Banking
- Private Banking
- Investment Banking
- Strategic positioning
- Value-added and efficiency assessments of firms and markets
- Evaluating competitive conditions in banking markets
Other services include: market research; specialist bibliographical help; production of the World Banking Abstracts; production of research monographs and research papers.
The Institute of European Finance also provides 'offshore' research library facilities to financial services firms.
World Banking Abstracts
The International Journal of the Financial Services Industry
World Banking Abstracts is an invaluable and indispensable reference source providing immediate access to all the important articles published in over 400 banking and finance publications internationally. Each issue of the journal contains concise 75 word abstracts of published information in all areas of finance, classified by subject and fully indexed.
The abstracts are drawn from journals, magazines, and hard to find research reports such as those from the US Federal Reserve Banks, the EC research institutes and universities throughout the world.
World Banking Abstracts is of particular interest to bankers, strategic planners, marketers, accountants, consultants and trainers.
Topics covered include:
- Financial Institutions
- Insurance and pensions
- Financial instruments and markets
- Financial operations and services
- Management, accounting and technology
- Policy, law and regulation
- International and national economies
- Principles and methods
World Banking Abstracts is also available in the form of a searchable database that contains concise abstracts in all areas of finance and can be searched by: title, author, source document, free text and keyword. Other features include a copy and paste facility enabling you to transfer details into any Word document, and without distorting the layout, the ability to print the document in the same format as it is displayed on the screen, and a built-in Help function. The system is also simple and easy to use.
Joint Managing Editors: Professor Ted Gardener and Professor Phil Molyneux.