Carers Conference: Empowering Carers in Education and Employment
- Reichel Hall, Ffriddoedd Site, Bangor, LL57 2TW
- Friday 14 June 2019, 09:00–15:30
As part of marking Carers Week 2019, Bangor University's Widening Access Centre, Carers Trust Wales and the Reaching Wider North and Mid Wales Partnership are working together to deliver a one-day conference focused on supporting carers in education and employment.
The event will bring together decision-makers, education professionals, businesses and carers to look at effective approaches to identifying and supporting carers. There will be keynote speeches from academics, politicians and senior representatives from national expert carers organisations.
This will be followed by practical workshops focused on tools and approaches for supporting carers in a range of contexts including: Further Education, Higher Education, Secondary Schools and within Employment.
The event will bring together a number of keynote speakers including:
- Sally Holland, Children’s Commissioner for Wales
- Jassa Scott, Estyn
- Feylyn Lewis, University of Sussex
- Sian Gwenllian AM, Shadow Minister for Education
- Jo Galazka, Unite
- Diane Seddon & Patricia Algar, Bangor University
- Simon Hatch, Carers Trust Wales