About This Course
Studying Rise of the Machines is intended to allow graduates from Psychology and related fields to augment their skills with avantgarde techniques from Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience.
Heavily influenced by research from both disciplines, delivered through TEF Gold awarded teaching by experts in the field, this programme will allow you to exploit both disciplines to advance in your chosen career path.
We retain a strong sense of professionalism and ethics throughout the programme, highlighting the sensitive nature of the subject matter.
What will you study on this course?
Indicative Course Content:
• Applied Neuroscience: Theoretical Principles
• Artificial Intelligence and Game Design
• Ethics, Data and Security
• Introduction to Machine Learning and Analytics
• Introduction to Programming
• Methods in Cognition and Brain Research
• Natural Language Processing
• Prototyping and Fabrication
• User Experience (UX) and HCI
• MSc Research Project
Students are expected to engage in near or actual state-of-the-art research and present this work as a written dissertation.
Modules for the current academic year
Module listings are for guide purposes only and are subject to change. Find out what our students are currently studying on the Rise of the Machines Modules page.
Course content is for guidance purposes only and may be subject to change.
A recognised undergraduate degree at 3rd class minimum, or international equivalent is required.