Acute Medical Care PGCert
- Enw: Acute Medical Care
- Cymhwyster: PGCert
- Hyd: 1 year, part-time
During this course students will develop high levels of clinical judgement and understanding of practice that will enable them to further develop as knowledgeable and skilled healthcare professionals, capable of delivering high quality, evidence based health care. In particular graduates will be able to demonstrate enhanced problem solving skills (using critical analysis through knowledge of appropriate theory and reflection on clinical experience) which will support the delivery of evidence based care that builds upon existing knowledge of research relating to medical care and management.
- Acute Medical Unscheduled Care
- Leadership in Context
- Work based learning
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
The module will use a variety of assessments such as written examination, OSCEs, competencies and an applied assignment.
Rhoddir cynnwys y cwrs ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid.
Registration with the NMC/HCPC and proof of employment in an acute or surgical setting.
IELTS: 6.0 (with no element below 5.5) is required.
Admissions to the programme are made on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged. Applications are made using Bangor’s online application system.
Because this pathway is part-time and requires a current NMC/HCPC registration and access to a minor injury or pre-hospital environment, this pathway is not suitable for the international market.
Need help applying?
If you have any questions about entry requirements, how to apply or the course you are interested in please do not hesitate to contact Gill Roberts 01248 383544 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
This course is especially designed for healthcare professionals employed or able to work in an acute healthcare environment and will enhance employment and promotion opportunities.
The academics involved with this PG Cert have extensive links with external bodies, companies and the 3rd sector, which are fully utilised in ensuring that the modules are relevant to the modern work and research environment graduates will enter. They are also all experienced Nurse practioners who still have active links to the local NHS trust ensuring that modern clinical practice is embedded within the programme.
The standard tuition fees for part-time UK and EU students on HCS course will be charged, please visit our course fees page for the latest fee levels.
Cysylltu â ni
Phone: 01248 383544
Why study with the School of Healthcare Sciences
If you haven't already do have a look at this page for a list of reasons that we think mean that if you are interested in a PG Cert Acute Medical Care you should consider studying with us.
Doctor in Healthcare (DHealthCare) / PGDip / PGCert
Doctorate in Public Health (DHealthCare)
Masters by Research
- Advanced Clinical Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Advanced Clinical Practice (AHP) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Advanced Healthcare Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Advanced HEMS Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Applied Health Research MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Dementia Studies MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Leading Quality Improvement MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Mental Health Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Midwifery Studies MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Public Health and Health Promotion (1 year, full-time / 2 years, part-time) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Public Health and Health Promotion (3 years, part-time) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Acute Surgical Care PGCert
- Contraception / Associated Health PGCert
- Critical Care PGCert
- Diabetes Care and Management PGCert
- Examination of the Newborn PGCert
- Legal and Ethical Concepts in Healthcare and Social Care PGCert
- Mental Health PGCert
- Optimising Breastfeeding PGCert
- Optimising Childbirth PGCert
- Palliative Care Practice PGCert