Practical Risk Assessment Training
We provide short practical sessions to enable individuals to complete risk assessments for their own work areas or for the activities they undertake.
These can be general courses covering the process and paperwork with general examples but are often tailored to specific Colleges, Departments or groups of staff with examples of specific activities or tasks such as student placements or grounds and garden maintenance work.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not offer courses to non-Bangor University staff.
Who should participate?
All staff who participate in risk assessments for their own work or activities that they may undertake. Any staff who assist Students to complete risk assessments for their projects.
The aim of the workshop
To show how you can complete a risk assessment to suit your work or activity - without creating a pile of paperwork.
To be able to explain and help students to complete risk assessments for the projects that they undertake
Benefits of attending
At the end of the sesion you should be able to:
• understand the risk assessment process
• assist in completing, producing and writing risk assessments for your own areas and activities
• understand the importance of having a risk assessment and the reason why no risk assessment is no defence if things go wrong!
The five steps to risk assessment:
1. Identifying the hazards
2. Deciding who might be harmed and how
3. Evaluating the risks and deciding on precautions
4. Recording your findings and implementing them
5. Review your risk assessment and update if necessary
A participative and interactive session that allows people to develop and produce their own risk assessments. Provides an opportunity to learn from other peoples experiences within a small group.
This course is not assessed.
To organise a course for your College / Department or to attend a course please contact us on 3847 or email us at email@example.com