Information for Staff
Health and Safety Co-ordinators
Safety Coordinators are members of staff concerned with day-day health and safety matters within their College / Department and will be appointed by the Dean of College / Head of Department under a clear mandate and terms of reference.
The Safety Coordinators primary task is to advise the Dean of College / Head of Department and others, on health and safety matters and to assist with the implementation of the agreed management system. The Safety Coordinator position should be a supportive one within the College / Department and he/she/they should be trained, competent and adequately resourced (in time, money, assistance and support) to undertake their role.
Please find below a link to our Policy template and associated appendices, which has been designed so it can be customised by Health and Safety Co-ordinators. It is hoped this will make it much easier with regards the preparation of Departmental health and safety documentation.
- Template Policy Statement, Organisation and Arrangements for Health and Safety - Support Departments - CONTACT HSS
- Example H&S Coordinators Job Profile
- Recommended Content for Health and Safety Induction - CONTACT HSS
- Staff Responsibilities (Example)
- Fire Drill / Fire Alarm Tests (contact E&F for Log Book)
- Electrical Safety Test and Inspection Record
- Health and Safety Inspection Checklist
- Risk Assessment Form