Starting your MA in January?
Courses starting in January
How to apply...
Find out more...
MA courses – January start
Here at Bangor University you can study for your MA course with a January start (also known as a January intake or January admissions) – enabling you to start your course in January month and complete your studies in the UK within a single calendar year.
Why study for an MA with us?Need to know more? Get in touch...
Our January start MA courses are the same as our conventional September start programmes. There are a few key reasons why you should consider our MA courses:
- Top-25 in the world for ‘Banking’ – RePEc Ranking 2016
- Top-20 in the UK for Teaching Quality in Finance & Accounting – The Times University Ranking 2017
- 91% satisfaction rating among Business studies students – National Students Survey
MA courses – January start
Bangor University offers the following MA courses with a January start:
- Banking and Finance (Chartered Banker) MA
- Banking and Law MA
- Business and Marketing MA
- Celtic Archaeology MA/PGDip
- Comparative Criminology and Criminal Justice MA/PGDip/PGCert
- Criminology and Law MA
- Criminology and Sociology MA/PGDip/PGCert
- History MA/PGDip
- Polisi a Chynllunio Ieithyddol MA
- Social Policy MA/PGDip/PGCert
- Sociology MA
- Welsh History MA/PGDip
Other relevant January start courses
In addition to our MA courses, these programmes with may be of interest to you:
To study on one of our January start MA courses you will need to satisfy the following criteria:
- A good undergraduate degree or equivalent
- IELTS score of 6.0 (with no element below 5.5) or equivalent.
Note: we invite students from over 80 countries and the entry requirements may vary depending on the country you studied from. Please visit our country specific pages (e.g. China, India, Nigeria, Vietnam, Thailand, others) for more details.
Tuition Fees – January start MA CoursesRefer our International Tution Fee page for details.
Scholarships for international students
Bangor University offers a range of scholarships (upto full tution fee waiver) are available to international students starting MBA/MSc/MA courses in January.
- All eligible international students will automatically be considered for international scholarship worth £2,500 each.
- All outstanding international students (e.g. 1st class honours degree holders) will be automatically considered for a £5,000 scholarship each.
- Limited scholarships worth full tution fee waiver are also available.
Apart from above scholarships, you may also be eligible for other scholarships and discounts available for international students. Please refer to the international scholarships page for further details.
Accommodation – January start
We may be able to offer some accommodation to students beginning their study in January, but there is a good choice of accommodation in the private sector. Our International student support office will help you to find accommodation that suits your needs.