If you have ever wondered about taking a gap year, or a trip over the summer and have regretted not doing so, then our study abroad programmes give you the opportunity to really make the most of your study experience.
Traditionally, British students would go abroad during their second year of university and would transfer back to Bangor the credits they had gained. Bangor has introduced a new system whereby you can take an ‘International Experience Year’. On successful completion of your four-year degree you will graduate ‘with international experience’ added to your degree title.
Why go abroad?
Spending time in another country is an opportunity to:
- Enhance your employability
- Develop skills and experience a classroom setting will never provide
- Have fun and travel to amazing places
- Learn another language
- Experience new cultures
- Gain a global perspective on your subject
- Return more motivated, independent and confident
- Create lifelong friendships
Ever wondered what it's like to study abroad? Read about some of our students' experiences who have benefited from spending time in another country as part of their degree.
Interested in applying?
You can find out more about what opportunities we can offer and how to apply, by visiting the Student Exchanges website.