Theatre and Performance: Self
Theatre and Performance: Self 2022-23
School Of Arts, Culture And Language
Module - Semester 2
Theories of Self, identity and autobiography in performance Examples of current and past arts practice in relation to identity and the self Rehearsal processes and directing Portfolio creation Critical analysis of theatre and performance
-threshold -D •Knowledge of key areas/principles only•Weaknesses in understanding of main areas•Limited evidence of background study•Answer only poorly focussed on question and with some irrelevant material and poor structure•Arguments presented but lack coherence•Several factual/computational errors•No original interpretation •Only major links between topics are described•Limited problem solving•Many weaknesses in presentation and accuracy
-good -C •Knowledge of key areas/principles•Understands main areas•Limited evidence of background study•Answer focussed on question but also with some irrelevant material and weaknesses in structure•Arguments presented but lack coherence•Has several factual/computational errors•No original interpretation •Only major links between topics are described•Limited problem solving•Some weaknesses in presentation and accuracyB•Strong knowledge•Understands most but not all•Evidence of background study•Focussed answer with good structure•Arguments presented coherently•Mostly free of factual and computational errors•Some limited original interpretation •Well known links between topics are described•Problems addressed by existing methods/approaches•Good presentation with accurate communication
-excellent -A •Comprehensive knowledge•Detailed understanding •Extensive background study•Highly focussed answer and well structured•Logically presented and defended arguments•No factual/computational errors•Original interpretation •New links between topics are developed•New approach to a problem•Excellent presentation with very accurate communication
- Demonstrate an ability to devise and lead a project efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrate an awareness of current discussions and debates in the field and be familiar with the work of a range of movements and practitioners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of issues relating to the self and identity in performance and related disciplines
- Describe, interpret and evaluate performance across a range of occurrences and sites as relevant to own work.
- Show awareness of the conceptual and creative processes that underpin the understanding and realization of performance.