Bangor Fund News
- The "100 Treasures of Bangor University" booklet was made possible through donations to The Bangor Fund. An exhibition of items from the booklet has been launched
- Bangor Fund Project Shortlisted for Prestigious National Award
- Postgrad Natural Sciences Conference supported by Bangor Fund Award
- Geography Students Norway Glacier Travel Bursaries awarded by The Bangor Fund
Make a donation
Donors from the USA
- If you're a US taxpayer, you can make tax-deductible donations online or through the post. Find out more...
Why I give to Bangor...
“I made a donation because I think the campaign is a wonderful idea...” Student telethon caller...
Support Your University
The Bangor Fund
Since its foundation in 1884, Bangor University has had a proud history of philanthropy. An important feature of its foundation was the voluntary contributions made by local farmers and quarrymen from their weekly wages. This tradition of giving remains today and we ask you to join other alumni in making a donation to The Bangor Fund and supporting today's students.
The primary purpose of The Bangor Fund is to enable the University to deliver a margin of excellence or an element of "additionality" to the student experience.
You can choose to designate your donation within three broad categories:
- Vice-Chancellor's Fund - These funds support the University's most important priorities as identified by the University's strategic plan.
- Student Support - This fund provides scholarships, bursaries, field trips, internships, travel grants and other direct student support. It also supports initiatives that enhance the student experience and contribute significantly to campus life.
- Welsh Language and Culture - This fund reflects the mission to provide support for all Welsh language and cultural activities throughout the institution.
Please contact Emma Marshall, Director of The Bangor Fund, if you wish to discuss making an application on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the application form and guidance notes.