Advanced Healthcare Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Enw: Advanced Healthcare Practice
- Cymhwyster: MSc/PGDip/PGCert
Constant modernisation of global health services and continued emphasis on extending roles requires healthcare professionals to be flexible, competent practitioners. They must be able to cope with change and use complex decision making skills whilst employing a broad knowledge base for clinical practice. This course has been designed for international nurses or allied health professionals who wish to study at an advanced level and respond to these changes.
The course aims to develop your professional and clinical knowledge, skills and attributes so that you can contribute to the contemporary health and social care challenges in your home country. The course has been developed to enhance your applied research skills in addition to your professional clinical knowledge and skills. Your enhanced knowledge and skills will enable you to understand and respond to the pathophysiological, psychological and social processes which underlie our patients, clients and communities experience of illness, health and disease.#
What does this programme offer?
This programme will facilitate your personal and professional development by providing opportunities to develop:
- Enhanced clinical skills attractive to employers in a range of clinical environments and roles
- Knowledge and skills to enhance your leadership qualities
- Understanding of research activity and different methods of research applied to your area of specialisation or interest
- Higher-level problem solving skills using critical analysis using appropriate forms of evidence or theory and reflection on practice
- Your academic skills through broad Masters level education
- Knowledge of contemporary global health challenges such as rising chronic illness
- Networks with UK registered nurses, allied health professionals and academics to develop your knowledge of the NHS and UK health systems including primary (community) and acute care
Students wishing to can exit the programme after achieving either a PG Certificate or PG Diploma if they don’t wish to undertake the full MSc.
Rhoddir cynnwys y cwrs ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid.
In semester one you will study the programme’s core modules:
- Physiology and Pathophysiology: developed to enhance the healthcare professional’s knowledge of the physiological and pathophysiological processes which, together with social and psychological phenomena, underlie health and disease.
- Consultation Skills: focuses on communication and using a medical model for taking a clinical history. The consultation is a private and intimate interaction between and this module aims to challenge practice and highlight issues such as effective engagement and barriers to therapeutic communication.
- Physical Examination and Diagnostics: designed to equip practitioners with skills including advanced access in general practice, community home visiting, minor illness surgeries, intermediate care and theory of undertaking minor surgery.
In semester two there is an opportunity to study from a wide menu of optional modules which can tailored to your individual interests or role in addition to the core research methodology module.
Optional modules include; renal nursing, epidemiology, introduction to health economics, leadership, quality, innovation and change, accountability in health and social care, ill adult management, diabetes, nutrition, promoting mental health, fundamental principles of risk management, holistic person-centred counselling skills.##
You will need to successfully complete your research dissertation module to be awarded your MSc.
# This programme does not provide UK professional registration with the NMC or HCPC; this can only be achieved through successful completion of an overseas nursing programme.
## Depending on module availability.
You should possess healthcare registration or equivalent in in your home country, (nursing or allied health professions); 3 years experience in clinical practice with a degree classification equivalent of a 2(ii) or higher.
For entry to the extended Masters, please see here; for direct entry to this programme you should also have a minimum of IELTS 6.5 with no score less than 6.0.
All non-standard candidates are reviewed by the Course Director.
Sut i wneud Cais
Gallwch nawr wneud cais ar-lein ar gyfer holl raglenni ôl-raddedig trwy ddysgu a rhaglenni ymchwil ôl-raddedig y Brifysgol (gan eithrio TAR, Diploma mewn Therapi Galwedigaethol a DClinPsy).
Cam 1 – Paratoi i wneud cais
- Gallwch wneud cais eich hunain gyda cymorth ein Nodiadau Canllaw ar ymgeisio ar-lein. Rydym yn argymell yn gryf eich bod yn darllen rhain cyn i chi wneud cais ar-lein.
Cam 2 – Gwneud cais ar-lein
Ar ôl i chi ddarllen y Nodiadau Canllaw, dylech wneud cais gan ddefnyddio ein Gwasanaeth Derbyniadau Ar-lein.
Er mwyn ichi weld a chwblhau’r ffurflen gais yn Gymraeg bydd angen i chi sicrhau bod y gosodiad iaith ar eich porwr dewisol wedi ei osod ar Gymraeg. I gael canllawiau ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn cliciwch yma (cyswllt â chwestiynau a ofynnir yn aml ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn yn Firefox, IE a Google Chrome)
Wedi i chi gwblhau y ffurflen gais ar-lein bydd rhaid i chi ddarparu copiau o nifer o ddogfennau (wedi eu tystio os nad oes gennych y dogfennau gwreiddiol), megis trawsgrifiadau academaidd, tystysgrifon gradd, cadarnhad o gymorth ariannol.
Am wybodaeth bellach neu gyngor am wneud cais, cysylltwch â’r Swyddfa Derbyniadau Ôl-raddedig.
Ffôn: +44 (0)1248 383717
Pryd i wneud cais
Bydd y Brifysgol yn derbyn ceisiadau drwy gydol y flwyddyn ond byddwn yn gyffredinol yn eich annog i anfon eich cais cyn diwedd mis Mehefin. Mae hyn yn rhoi cyfle i chi wneud trefniadau ariannol a/neu lety ac i chi fedru cael gafael ar drawsgrifiadau a geirda os nad ydych wedi eu hanfon gyda’r cais gwreiddiol.
Cysylltu â ni
- Mrs Gill Roberts, Course Leader
Doctor in Healthcare (DHealthCare)
Doctor in Healthcare (DHealthCare) / PGDip / PGCert
Masters by Research
- Advanced Clinical Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Advanced Clinical Practice (AHP) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Advanced HEMS Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Applied Health Research MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Dementia Studies MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Leading Quality Improvement MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Midwifery Studies MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Non-surgical Aesthetic Medicine MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Public Health and Health Promotion (1 year, full-time / 2 years, part-time) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Public Health and Health Promotion (3 years, part-time) MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Acute Medical Care PGCert
- Acute Surgical Care PGCert
- Contraception / Associated Health PGCert
- Critical Care PGCert
- Diabetes Care and Management PGCert
- Examination of the Newborn PGCert
- Legal and Ethical Concepts in Healthcare and Social Care PGCert
- Mental Health PGCert
- Optimising Breastfeeding PGCert
- Optimising Childbirth PGCert
- Palliative Care Practice PGCert
- Prudent Healthcare PGCert