The Health, Safety & Emergency Management Task Group
The University has established, a Health, Safety & Emergency Management Task Group who will, where appropriate, act on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor and will champion health and safety issues within the Institution.
The Health, Safety & Emergency Management Task Group has authority, on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor for implementing the health and safety policies of the University, developing good practice and for monitoring related operational issues. The Health, Safety & Emergency Management Task Group reports to The Executive, through its Chairperson.
The Health, Safety & Emergency Management Task Group's Terms of Reference include:
- To be responsible, on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor, for overseeing the implementation of the Health and Safety Policies of the University.
- To monitor any operational issues relating to health and safety.
- To report to The Executive and to provide a report to the Council and Health and Safety Committee.
- To seek to promote health and safety across the Institution.
The Vice-Chancellor receives agenda, papers and Minutes of the Health, Safety & Emergency Management Task Group.
- University Secretary: Dr Kevin Mundy
- The Director of Students' Union: Ms Mair Rowlands
- The Director of Human Resources: Mrs Tracy Hibbert
- Dean of College of Arts, Humanities and Business: Prof Andrew Edwards
- Dean of College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering: Prof Paul Spencer
- Deputy College Manager, College of Human Sciences: Dr Huw Roberts
- The Director of Property and Campus Services: Mr Lars Wiegand
- The Head of Governance & Compliance: Mrs Gwenan Hine
- The Head of Health and Safety and Secretary to Task Group: Mr Gareth W. Jones