The Health and Safety Task Group
The University has established, as a Health and Safety Task Group who will, where appropriate, act on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor and will champion health and safety issues within the Institution.
The Health and Safety Task Group has authority, on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor for implementing the health and safety policies of the University, developing good practice and for monitoring related operational issues. The Health and Safety Task Group reports to The Executive, through its Chairperson.
The Health and Safety Task Group's Terms of Reference include:
- To be responsible, on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor, for overseeing the implementation of the Health and Safety Policies of the University.
- To monitor any operational issues relating to health and safety.
- To report to The Executive and to provide a report to the Council and Health and Safety Committee.
- To seek to promote health and safety across the Institution.
Current membership of the Health and Safety Task Group comprises of, the University Secretary (Chairperson), the Pro Vice-Chancellor for Students, the Director of Students' Union, the Director of Human Resources, the Chair of the Health and Safety Committee, the Director of Property and Campus Services and the Head of Health and Safety Services. The Vice-Chancellor receives agenda, papers and Minutes of the Health and Safety Task Group.
- University Secretary: Dr Kevin Mundy
- Pro Vice-Chancellor for Students: Prof. Carol Tully
- The Director of Students' Union: Ms Mair Rowlands
- The Director of Human Resources: Mrs Tracy Hibbert
- Dean of college of Arts, Humanities and Business: Prof Andrew Edwards
- Dean of College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering: Prof Paul Spencer
- Deputy College Manager, College of Human Sciences: Dr Huw Roberts
- The Director of Property and Campus Services: TBC
- The Head of Health and Safety and Secretary to Task Group: Mr Gareth W. Jones