The full First Aid at Work course takes 3 days, and certificates last 3 years upon which you are required to complete a refresher course over 2 days. There are also Emergency First Aid at Work courses which take 1 day with certificates also lasting 3 years.
1 day First Aid courses can also be arranged to cover specific subjects for instance Field Trips.
To attend a scheduled course, you must first get approval from your manager to attend. Please follow the steps on our training webpage to enrol and also to see course dates: First Aid Training Courses - Booking and Dates
A list of Bangor University AED Defibrillator locations can be found here.
A list of current staff First Aiders can be found here. Please note this list gets updated usually at the beginning of each month.
First Aid Links
- How to undertake a First Aid Needs Assessment (HSE)
- What to put in a first aid kit (HSE) - (BU staff can purchase kits from the stationery supplier)
- First Aid Notice (Word)
- First Aid - Basic Advice Sheet
- Blood Born Viruses in the Workplace
- Hydrofluoric Acid - First Aid Procedure
- Cyanide - First Aid Procedure (all cyanide work must be registered with Health and Safety Services)