Why choose Bangor for your studies?
Founded in 1884, dedicated to academic excellence for more than 135 years, Bangor University is one of the oldest and most prestigious degree awarding institutions in the UK. Find out more
- Awarded Gold rating for Teaching Excellence – TEF 2017
- World ranking 160th for International Outlook – Times Higher Education World Ranking 2020
- Top 15 UK University for Teaching Quality – The Times and Sunday Times League Table 2020
- Top 10 UK University for Student Satisfaction – National Student Survey 2019
- Top 10 UK University for Course Satisfaction – Guardian University League Table 2020
Careers and Employability
- Top 10 UK University for Job Prospects - WhatUni 2019
- 93% of our graduates progressed to employment or further study within six months of graduation – DLHE survey 2016/17
- Many courses help strengthen career prospects through;
- Work placements: students are provided with a variety of options for work experience – either within the degree, through University internships or by volunteering.
- Industry partnerships: Some degrees are run in partnership with the industry such as Teacher Training, Nursing and Social Work.
- Professional accreditations: to help develop students’ careers, many of the degrees are accredited by professional bodies of global repute, such as IBMS, ACCA, CIMA, CIM, BCS, BPS, IET, ICF, SRA, and NMC.
I found it quite easy to get a job in Bangor and I did not have to look too hard to find one.Sandesh Awade from India studied MBA International Marketing
Cost of Study
- Ranked 1st in the UK for lowest cost of living for students - Totally Money 2019
- Scholarships worth over £1M are available for international students. Find out more
- Top 20 in the UK for cheap shops and amenities – THE Student Survey 2018
The support services were of great help help to me when I first came to Bangor.Qadir Abdalla from Iraq studied PhD Electronic Engineering
- Top 10 UK University for ‘Student support’ – WhatUni 2019
- Free English language support for international students throughout the year, details here
- Dedicated team to handle international student concerns ranging from visa, accommodation, health, money matters, and employment
- Free of cost writing and skills workshops for students, for confidential writing, study skills, time management, and numeracy/statistics support
- Ranked 1st in the UK for ‘Clubs and Societies’ – WhatUni 2019
I have lived in the university accommodation and I think it is perfect for me.Mohsin Mohammed from Iraq studied PhD in Chemistry
- Ranked top 5 in the UK for student accommodation – WhatUni 2019
- Guaranteed accommodation for new international students
- Free Wi-fi, gym membership, and campus life activities access
- £35 million investment in student accommodation halls
- Conveniently located within a 15 minute walk from the lecture halls and also the city centre
- Student village comprising of sports facilities, laundry, café, bar, shops and 24 hour security
- Variety of room options available; En-Suite, Studios, Townhouses, Standard, and Budget
There isn't a problem finding good food and restaurants here at Bangor.Hamilton Romualdo Dutra Da Silva Filho from Brasil studied Computing 1st Year
- Coastal town situated near to the Snowdonia mountains.
- Close to major cities like London (3.5 hrs), Manchester (1.5 hrs) and Liverpool (1.5 hrs)
- Top 20 UK University for University Facilities – WhatUni 2019
- £67m invested on campus redevelopment and a further £48m on a new Arts and Innovation Centre (Pontio).
- 160+ buildings, 14 academic departments offering 250+ Undergraduate courses and 150+ Postgraduate courses in 40+ subject areas offered over January and September intakes.