Why choose Bangor for your studies?
Founded in 1884, dedicated to academic excellence for more than 130 years, Bangor University is one of the oldest and most prestigious degree awarding institutions in the UK. Find out more
- Awarded Gold rating for Teaching Excellence – TEF 2017
- World ranking 147th for International Outlook – Times Higher Education World Ranking 2019
- Top 20 UK University for Teaching Quality – The Times and Sunday Times League Table 2019
- Top 15 UK University for Student Satisfaction – The Complete University Guide 2020
- Top 10 UK university for Academic Experience – THE Student Survey 2018
Careers and Employability
- Top 10 UK University for Job Prospects - WhatUni 2019
- 93% of our graduates progressed to employment or further study within six months of graduation – DLHE survey 2016/17
- Many courses help strengthen career prospects through;
- Work placements: students are provided with a variety of options for work experience – either within the degree, through University internships or by volunteering.
- Industry partnerships: Some degrees are run in partnership with the industry such as Teacher Training, Nursing and Social Work.
- Professional accreditations: to help develop students’ careers, many of the degrees are accredited by professional bodies of global repute, such as IBMS, ACCA, CIMA, CIM, BCS, BPS, IET, ICF, SRA, and NMC.
I would say Bangor is full of opportunities, and I kind of regret not coming here for my undergraduate studies!Ankita Goyal from India studied MBA Finance
Cost of Study
- Scholarships worth over £1M are available for international students. Find out more
- Among the most inexpensive places to live in the UK – The A-Z of Universities and Higher Education Colleges
- Top 20 in the UK for cheap shops and amenities – THE Student Survey 2018
It is a lot harder moving abroad with a family, but the services offered by the support office made the experience a lot easier for both myself and my family.Rizalniyani Abdul Razak from Malaysia studied PhD Management Studies
- Top 10 UK University for ‘Student support’ – WhatUni 2019
- Free English language support for international students throughout the year
- Dedicated team to handle international student concerns ranging from visa, accommodation, health, money matters, and employment
- Free of cost writing and skills workshops for students, for confidential writing, study skills, time management, and numeracy/statistics support
- Ranked 1st in the UK for ‘Clubs and Societies’ – WhatUni 2019
The distance from my accommodation to the campus is close, everything is within walking distance.Vasianna Antiochou from Greece studied Consumer Psychology with Business
- Ranked 3rd in the UK for student accommodation – WhatUni 2019
- Top 10 in the UK for university accommodation – THE Student Experience Survey 2018
- Guaranteed accommodation for new international students
- Free Wi-fi, gym membership, and campus life activities access
- £35 million investment in student accommodation halls
- Conveniently located within a 15 minute walk from the lecture halls and also the city centre
- Student village comprising of sports facilities, laundry, café, bar, shops and 24 hour security
- Variety of room options available; En-Suite, Studios, Townhouses, Standard, and Budget
During my studies, I have travelled around North Wales a lot as it is so beautiful here.Abdullah Hubais from Oman studied MSc Accounting and Finance
- Coastal town situated near to the Snowdonia mountains.
- Close to major cities like London (3.5 hrs), Manchester (1.5 hrs) and Liverpool (1.5 hrs)
- Top 10 UK University for extra-curricular activities/societies– THE Student Experience Survey 2018
- £67m invested on campus redevelopment and a further £48m on a new Arts and Innovation Centre (Pontio).
- 160+ buildings, 23 academic departments offering 200+ Undergraduate courses and 150+ Postgraduate courses offered over January and September intakes.