Why choose Bangor for your studies?
Founded in 1884, dedicated to academic excellence for more than 130 years, Bangor University is one of the oldest and most prestigious degree awarding institutions in the UK. Find out more
- Awarded Gold rating for Teaching Excellence – TEF 2017
- World ranking 118th for International Outlook – Times Higher Education World Ranking, 2017
- Top 15 UK University for Teaching Quality – The Times and Sunday Times League Table 2017
- Top 10 UK University for 'Student Satisfaction' – National Student Survey, 2017
- Top 5 UK university for Academic Experience – THE Student Survey 2017
Careers and Employability
- Top 10 UK University for Job Prospects - WhatUni 2017
- 92% of our graduates progressed to employment or further study within six months of graduation – DLHE survey 2015/16
- Many courses help strengthen career prospects through;
- Work placements: students are provided with a variety of options for work experience – either within the degree, through University internships or by volunteering.
- Industry partnerships: Some degrees are run in partnership with the industry such as Teacher Training, Nursing and Social Work.
- Professional accreditations: to help develop students’ careers, many of the degrees are accredited by professional bodies of global repute, such as IBMS, ACCA, CIMA, CIM, RSC, BCS, BPS, IET, ICF, SRA, and NMC.
Some of my friends who were interested in working while studying found local jobs easily and the pay and experience were good.Nurul Binti Haji Ishak from Brunei studied MSc Accounting and Finance
Cost of Study
- Scholarships worth over £1M are available for international students. Find out more
- Among the most inexpensive places to live in the UK – The A-Z of Universities and Higher Education Colleges
- Top 20 UK university for best value student accommodation - The Times and Sunday Times League Table 2017
The first week I was here, the international office did provide me with a lot of support.Jia Ning from Malaysia studied Zoology with Animal Behaviour BSc (Hons)
- Top 5 UK University for ‘Student support’ – WhatUni 2017
- Free English language support for international students throughout the year
- Dedicated team to handle international student concerns ranging from visa, accommodation, health, money matters, and employment
- Ranked 1st in the UK for ‘Clubs and Societies’ – WhatUni 2017
The best thing I liked about the university accommodation was that I had my own private bathroom.Salem Alabrahem from Kuwait studied BSc Computer Systems Engineering
- Top 5 UK University for student accommodation – WhatUni 2017
- Top 12 in the UK for university accommodation – THE Student Survey 2017
- Guaranteed accommodation for new international students
- £35 million investment in student accommodation halls
- Conveniently located within a 15 minute walk from the lecture halls and also the city centre
- Student village comprising of sports facilities, laundry, café, bar, shops and 24 hour security
- Variety of room options available; En-Suite, Studios, Townhouses, Standard, and Budget
I couldn’t have asked for a better place to live in, it's an amazing location.Ankita Goyal from India studied MBA Finance
- Top 10 UK university for good security – THE Student Survey 2017
- “Best UK University setting” – The Independent
- Coastal town situated near to the Snowdonia mountains.
- Close to major cities like London (3.5 hrs), Manchester (1.5 hrs) and Liverpool (1.5 hrs)
- Top 15 UK University for sports facilities – THE Student Survey 2017
- £67m invested on campus redevelopment and a further £48m on a new Arts and Innovation Centre (Pontio).
- 160+ buildings, 23 academic departments offering 250+ Undergraduate courses and 200+ Postgraduate courses offered over January and September intakes.