Why choose Bangor for your studies?
Founded in 1884, dedicated to academic excellence for more than 130 years, Bangor University is one of the oldest and most prestigious degree awarding institutions in the UK. Find out more
- Awarded Gold rating for Teaching Excellence – TEF 2017
- World ranking 109th for International Outlook – Times Higher Education World Ranking 2018
- Top 15 UK University for Teaching Quality – The Times and Sunday Times League Table 2018
- Top 10 UK University for Student Satisfaction – National Student Survey 2018
- Top 10 UK University for Student Experience – The Times and Sunday Times League Table 2018
- Top 10 UK university for Academic Experience – THE Student Survey 2018
Careers and Employability
- Top 10 UK University for Job Prospects - WhatUni 2018
- 93% of our graduates progressed to employment or further study within six months of graduation – DLHE survey 2016/17
- Many courses help strengthen career prospects through;
- Work placements: students are provided with a variety of options for work experience – either within the degree, through University internships or by volunteering.
- Industry partnerships: Some degrees are run in partnership with the industry such as Teacher Training, Nursing and Social Work.
- Professional accreditations: to help develop students’ careers, many of the degrees are accredited by professional bodies of global repute, such as IBMS, ACCA, CIMA, CIM, RSC, BCS, BPS, IET, ICF, SRA, and NMC.
I managed to achieve the Bangor Employability Award (BEA)during my studies, which is now a big plus point on my resume and this will definitely help me in my future job search.Osama Alabbasi from Bahrain studied BSc Banking and Finance
Cost of Study
- Scholarships worth over £1M are available for international students. Find out more
- Among the most inexpensive places to live in the UK – The A-Z of Universities and Higher Education Colleges
I used the student support services for pre-departure, arrival, visa, bank accounts and other issues. They made my experience a lot easier.Manzoor Sajid from India studied MBA International Marketing
- Top 5 UK University for ‘Student support’ – WhatUni 2018
- Free English language support for international students throughout the year
- Dedicated team to handle international student concerns ranging from visa, accommodation, health, money matters, and employment
- Free of cost writing and skills workshops for students, for confidential writing, study skills, time management, and numeracy/statistics support
- Ranked 1st in the UK for ‘Clubs and Societies’ – WhatUni 2018
Because Bangor is a small city, I found it ideal as everything is very local and convenient. There are 6 different supermarkets and a large number of shops nearby. I love it and my friends do too!Nur Zolkapli from Malaysia studied MBA Islamic Banking and Finance
- Ranked 1st in the UK for student accommodation – WhatUni 2018
- Top 10 in the UK for university accommodation – THE Student Experience Survey 2018
- Guaranteed accommodation for new international students
- £35 million investment in student accommodation halls
- Conveniently located within a 15 minute walk from the lecture halls and also the city centre
- Student village comprising of sports facilities, laundry, café, bar, shops and 24 hour security
- Variety of room options available; En-Suite, Studios, Townhouses, Standard, and Budget
It is also a safe city to live in which is one of the things that I like about Bangor.Thi Hong Ninh Bui from Vietnam studied Law LLM
- Coastal town situated near to the Snowdonia mountains.
- Close to major cities like London (3.5 hrs), Manchester (1.5 hrs) and Liverpool (1.5 hrs)
- Top 10 UK University for extra-curricular activities/societies– THE Student Experience Survey 2018
- £67m invested on campus redevelopment and a further £48m on a new Arts and Innovation Centre (Pontio).
- 160+ buildings, 23 academic departments offering 200+ Undergraduate courses and 150+ Postgraduate courses offered over January and September intakes.