All Postgraduate Research Programmes (PHD, MPhil, Masters by research) starting in the academic year 2021/22.
50% discount on the published International Tuition Fee for each year of study. Continuation of the scholarship to the next academic year is subject to acceptable academic progression.
Number of Scholarships:
15 scholarships are available.
- The Vice-Chancellor scholarship is for outstanding international and EU applicants.
- All candidates must have the equivalent of a UK 1st class degree and / or equivalent of a Distinction at UK Masters’ level to be eligible.
- All candidates must hold an unconditional offer of admission (or have met all academic conditions and are currently studying a Pre-Sessional English Language programme at ELCOS).
- Both part-time and full-time Postgraduate Research offer holders are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is open to self-funded and partially-funded International and EU students only. Candidates who are fully sponsored by a third party will not be entitled to these Scholarships.
- Students must be paying International Tuition Fee levels.
How to apply:
Step 1: Check your eligibility for the scholarship and carefully read the conditions listed below.
Step 2: Complete the Vice-Chancellor scholarship application form (see top right of the page). You must obtain a supporting statement from an academic member of staff at the relevant Bangor University Academic school.
Step 3: Email the completed application form to the Doctoral School at: firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on 25th June 2021.
Step 4: Eligible applications will be forwarded to the academic school and a selection panel will make the decision. Successful candidates will be informed by the end of July 2021.
Step 5: Scholarship winners will be required to pay a tuition fee deposit of £2,000 within two weeks of the scholarship offer in order to confirm their acceptance of the scholarship.
Submit your Scholarship Application form before 5pm UK time on 25th June 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- The Scholarship is only valid for students starting their studies in the academic year of 2021/22 and cannot be carried over to the following academic year.
- Awards will be made for a maximum period of 3 years (or equivalent for part-time PGRs) subject to acceptable academic progression. The Scholarships will be forfeited for the next academic year if academic performance proves substandard.
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other Bangor University Scholarship.
- Scholarship applications must include a supporting statement from an academic member of staff at the relevant Bangor University academic school.
- Recipients will be expected to become scholarship ambassadors, contributing to Bangor University promotional activities both as students and in later years as alumni.
- Recipients must be paying International Tuition Fee levels.
- EU students that are eligible to pay UK Tuition Fee levels (because they have settled or pre-settled status) CANNOT be considered for this scholarship.
- Candidates awarded the Vice-Chancellor Scholarship who are undertaking a Pre-sessional English Language Programme at ELCOS must pass the Pre-sessional programme before they can progress onto their academic programme and take up the scholarship offer. None completion of the Pre-sessional Programme will forfeit the scholarship offer.
- All scholarships will be awarded entirely at the University's discretion.
For further details, you may contact the Regional Manager responsible for your country.