Bangor University is proud to introduce our flagship Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for excellent International Students. The University is looking to award the scholarship to students demonstrating academic excellence and notable achievements in their extra-curricular activities.
We are looking for students who will make a valuable contribution to all aspects of University life and whose values match the Universities own: Ambition; Inclusivity; Integrity; Sustainability and Transformation. If you think that sounds like you – then we look forward to receiving your application!
Submit your Scholarship Application form before 5pm UK time on 6th June 2022. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
All Postgraduate Research Programmes (PHD, MPhil, Masters by research) starting in the academic year 2022/23 (start date between 1st Sept 2022 to 31 August 2023).
50% discount on the published International Tuition Fee for each year of study. Continuation of the scholarship to the next academic year is subject to acceptable academic progression.
Number of Scholarships
15 Scholarships are available.
- The Vice-Chancellor scholarship is for outstanding international and EU applicants.
- All candidates must hold/ be on track to achieve the equivalent of a UK 1st class bachelor degree and / or equivalent of a Distinction at UK Masters’ level to be eligible.
- All candidates must hold an offer of admission for a research programme starting in the academic year 2022/23 (start date between 1st Sept 2022 to 31 August 2023).
- Both part-time and full-time Postgraduate Research offer holders are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is open to self-funded and partially-funded International and EU students only. Candidates who are fully sponsored by a third party will not be entitled to these Scholarships.
- Students must be paying International Tuition Fee levels.
How to apply
Step 1: Check your eligibility for the scholarship and carefully read the conditions listed below.
Step 2: Complete the Vice-Chancellor scholarship application form before the deadline: 5pm UK time on 6th June 2022.
Step 3: You must obtain a supporting statement from an academic member of staff at the relevant Bangor University Academic school, see link in the box on the right.
Step 4: Eligible applications will be forwarded to the academic school and a selection panel will make the decision. Successful candidates will be informed by the middle of July 2022.
Step 5: Scholarship winners will be required to pay a tuition fee deposit of £2,000 within two weeks of the scholarship offer in order to confirm their acceptance of the scholarship.
Conditions (for all scholarship winners)
- The Scholarship is only valid for students starting their studies in the academic year of 2022/23 and cannot be carried over to the following academic year.
- Awards will be made for a maximum period of 3 years (or equivalent for part-time PGRs) subject to acceptable academic progression. The Scholarships will be forfeited for the next academic year if academic performance proves substandard.
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other Bangor University Scholarship.
- Scholarship applications must include a supporting statement from an academic member of staff at the relevant Bangor University academic school.
- Recipients will be expected to become scholarship ambassadors, contributing to Bangor University promotional activities both as students and in later years as alumni.
- Recipients must be paying International Tuition Fee levels.
- EU students that are eligible to pay UK Tuition Fee levels (because they have settled or pre-settled status) CANNOT be considered for this scholarship.
- Candidates awarded the Vice-Chancellor Scholarship who are undertaking a Pre-sessional English Language Programme at ELCOS must pass the Pre-sessional programme before they can progress onto their academic programme and take up the scholarship offer. None completion of the Pre-sessional Programme will forfeit the scholarship offer.
- Where a candidate has not completed their undergraduate or Masters course, the award of a scholarship may be made conditional on the applicant achieving either a 1st class undergraduate degree or a Distinction in their Masters course.
- All scholarships will be awarded entirely at the University's discretion.
For further details, you may contact the Regional Manager responsible for your country.