Why study with us?
Why study with the School of Psychology?
- 1st in Wales for Student Satisfaction (NSS 2021)
- Top 10 for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Top 20 for Research Quality (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Top 20 for Graduate Prospects (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Bangor Psychology is a large and cosmopolitan department with staff and students from all over the world
- 89% of research output either world leading or internationally excellent and 17th overall (REF 2014)
- Bangor Psychology was established in 1963 making it amongst the oldest in the UK
- We have many specialist research labs including an MRI scanner, TMS Labs, EEG facilities and a human brain anatomy laboratory
- Excellent transport links mean Bangor is less than 90 minutes from Liverpool and Manchester by car with London accessible by train in about 3 hours
- Bangor is an affordable, safe, compact and friendly city on the beautiful North Wales coast next to the mountains of Snowdonia
Postgraduate Study with the School of Psychology
Annual Psychology Masters Conference
At Bangor we believe the opportunity to present your research is both rewarding in itself and a valuable learning experience as it enables our students to polish skills that will be relevant for most careers, whether in academia or beyond. Each year we run a Masters Conference in September which all our masters students are able to take part in.
Why choose Bangor University?
Academic and research excellence
Established in 1884, Bangor University combines traditional academic excellence with cutting-edge research and equipment and has been named within the top 20 for Research Quality - Complete University Guide 2022
Top 10 for Student Satisfaction - Complete University Guide 2022 and 1st in Wales for Student Satisfaction – NSS 2021
Your work-life balance can be key to the success of your postgraduate study. Situated between the mountains, lakes and forests of the Snowdonia National Park and miles of dramatic coastline, Bangor provides one of the most attractive study locations in the UK, and is a great base for all kinds of outdoor sports and activities.
Bangor is at the heart of the region’s transport network, with quick road and rail links taking you across to Liverpool and Manchester in just 90 minutes. Bangor’s location on the London to Holyhead main line means that the regular ferry service from Holyhead Port to Dublin is just 20 minutes away, while a direct train will take you to the centre of London in little over 3 hours.
*excluding specialist institutions and single-submission universities.