Banking and Finance (Chartered Banker) MSc
- Enw: Banking and Finance (Chartered Banker)
- Cymhwyster: MSc
- Hyd: Full-time; 1 year
This programme offers both January and September intakes.
The course is fully accredited by the Chartered Banker Institute. This means you will graduate with a dual award: an MSc Banking and Finance and the Chartered Banker Diploma, which is the gold standard for professional bankers and is the highest award available in the banking world. We are proud to be in a select group of business schools to offer this dual qualification.
Course Description: This degree programme will provide students with advanced level management and business training relating to practical managerial areas in the banking and finance area. This involves understanding practical managerial issues surrounding the running of banking/financial firms including: bank financial and strategic management, banking and financial sector development, bank and corporate performance, analysing the main features of financial systems and markets. It will also develop students’ academic and managerial skills in the banking/financial services area and become familiar with the latest strategic, managerial and industrial developments in the financial services industry.
This programme will equip participants’ for career promotion and employment in the financial sector by developing and enhancing a range of advanced general transferable intellectual and study skills, as well as enhancing lifelong learning skills and personal development to contribute to society at large.
January intake: Taught modules are undertaken in the period of January to June and September to January and will involve the study of 120 credits. The dissertation (or equivalent - the Financial Research Seminar Series) is valued at 60 credits and is undertaken during the period of June to September.
September intake: Taught modules are undertaken in the period of September to June and will involve the study of 120 credits. The dissertation (or equivalent - the Financial Research Seminar Series) is valued at 60 credits and is undertaken during the period of June to September.
Rhoddir cynnwys y cwrs ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid.
- Research Methods: This module develops knowledge of intermediate and advanced research methods, and provides a basis in research methodology for those who may eventually wish to pursue research degrees.
- International Financial Markets: This module provides and overview of financial instruments in a multi-currency world, taking account of insights from portfolio theory concerning the relationship between risk and return, the diversification of risk, and the pricing of assets.
- Credit and Lending*: The module considers credit and lending from an applied and professional perspective. The module moves through a range of topics and issues from the critical evaluation of lending applications, identification and accommodation of legal constraints and the comprehension and practice of risk management skills required by the modern professional banker.
- International Banking: This module examines the origins of international banking, the activities of international banks, the markets in which they participate, and the sources of risk.
- Bank Financial Management: This module provides a grounding in the nature, strategic context and managerial functions of financial management in banks, and other financial services firms.
- Financial Econometrics: This module provides advanced coverage of econometric methods and practices that are used to model financial and business data.
- Financial Ethics & Regulation*: The module considers financial ethics and conduct of business regulation of institutions and individuals working in the financial services industry. It addresses a range of concerns surrounding poor ethical practice in financial services, business ethics and how these can be applied in the financial setting.
Optional Modules (choose 1):
- Islamic Finance
- Financial Stability
- Financial Modelling
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Strategy and Portfolio Management
- Islamic Banking
- Financial Engineering
- Merger and Acquisition
* These modules must be taken and passed at 50% in order to achieve a qualification with Chartered Banker accreditation
Modiwlau y flwyddyn yma
Rhoddir rhestr modiwlau ar gyfer arweiniad yn unig a gall newid. Gweld y modiwlau mae ein myfyrwyr yn astudio ar tudalen Modiwlau Banking and Finance (Chartered Banker) .
A 2(ii) or higher single or joint honours degree in a related subject is required, or equivalent overseas qualification and grade. Alternatively, possession of a suitable professional qualification and practical experience may also be accepted.
Candidates without a relevant degree or professional qualification should have a minimum of three years relevant work experience.
If English is not your native language, then satisfactory evidence of written and spoken English must be provided:
- IELTS: 6.0 (with no element below 5.5)
- Pearson PTE: a score of 56 (with no element lower than 51)
- Cambridge English Test – Advanced: 169 (with no element lower than 162)
It may be necessary for applicants falling short of this minimum standard to attend an intensive English Language course before registering for the academic programme.
Please note: The tuition fees will include a premium of approximately £1,500 over the standard Bangor Business School fees for MSc/MA programmes. This arises because of the fees being paid to the accreditation body (Institute of Chartered Bankers).
Sut i wneud Cais
Gallwch nawr wneud cais ar-lein ar gyfer holl raglenni ôl-raddedig trwy ddysgu a rhaglenni ymchwil ôl-raddedig y Brifysgol (gan eithrio TAR, Diploma mewn Therapi Galwedigaethol a DClinPsy).
Cam 1 – Paratoi i wneud cais
- Gallwch wneud cais eich hunain gyda cymorth ein Nodiadau Canllaw ar ymgeisio ar-lein. Rydym yn argymell yn gryf eich bod yn darllen rhain cyn i chi wneud cais ar-lein.
Cam 2 – Gwneud cais ar-lein
Ar ôl i chi ddarllen y Nodiadau Canllaw, dylech wneud cais gan ddefnyddio ein Gwasanaeth Derbyniadau Ar-lein.
Er mwyn ichi weld a chwblhau’r ffurflen gais yn Gymraeg bydd angen i chi sicrhau bod y gosodiad iaith ar eich porwr dewisol wedi ei osod ar Gymraeg. I gael canllawiau ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn cliciwch yma (cyswllt â chwestiynau a ofynnir yn aml ynglŷn â sut i wneud hyn yn Firefox, IE a Google Chrome)
Wedi i chi gwblhau y ffurflen gais ar-lein bydd rhaid i chi ddarparu copiau o nifer o ddogfennau (wedi eu tystio os nad oes gennych y dogfennau gwreiddiol), megis trawsgrifiadau academaidd, tystysgrifon gradd, cadarnhad o gymorth ariannol.
Am wybodaeth bellach neu gyngor am wneud cais, cysylltwch â’r Swyddfa Derbyniadau Ôl-raddedig.
Ffôn: +44 (0)1248 383717
Pryd i wneud cais
Bydd y Brifysgol yn derbyn ceisiadau drwy gydol y flwyddyn ond byddwn yn gyffredinol yn eich annog i anfon eich cais cyn diwedd mis Mehefin. Mae hyn yn rhoi cyfle i chi wneud trefniadau ariannol a/neu lety ac i chi fedru cael gafael ar drawsgrifiadau a geirda os nad ydych wedi eu hanfon gyda’r cais gwreiddiol.
Graduates from this programme are expected to obtain employment in a variety of careers in the banking and financial services sector. Some graduates from this programme are expected to pursue careers in other business and management-related functions.
Cysylltu â ni
- +44 (0)1248 382085