The University is adopting an incremental approach to using iTrent, and here’s a brief overview of the functionality being used from the 1st of October 2023;
- All annual leave to be recorded in iTrent.
- All sickness absence episodes.
- Travel and Subsistence claims.
- Flexible Working requests, and all forms of family friendly leave (such as Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and so forth).
- All contractual changes submitted on behalf of staff members, for example any change in hours, extension of contracts.
- Recruitment into non-advertised roles, for example short-term appointments, named researchers, part-time lecturing staff.
Further details on the above can be found on the iTrent information pages along with videos and user guides. Training sessions continue to take place, details of those along with how to book a place can be found via the above link.
The majority of colleagues will not be using the main iTrent system, and this will be limited to those with specific responsibilities. However, all colleagues will access and use the ESS platform (employee self-service) and Managers will likewise use MSS (Managers self-service).
We ask colleagues to make use of the host of training material that has been developed. Should any difficulties be experienced in accessing and using either iTrent, ESS, or MSS please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
And finally – how to access the system?
Details of how to access, along with useful guides, videos, FAQ’s can be found on the iTrent information pages