Zoology at Bangor
At Bangor University the School of Natural Sciences offers a range of Zoology degrees, all taught by world-leading experts and award-winning lecturers.
A Zoology degree from Bangor University will give you the knowledge and skills to work in countless careers; from journalism to ecological consultancy, and management to scientific research. Plus you’ll be living and learning in the stunning location of North Wales: without doubt the best natural laboratory in the UK.
Bangor University currently offers the following degrees as either a three-year BSc or a four-year undergraduate-Masters degree.
- C300 Zoology BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- C301 Zoology MZool (4 years)
- C3D3 Zoology with Animal Behaviour BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- C302 Zoology with Animal Behaviour MZool (Animal Behaviour) (4 years)
- C3L2 Zoology with Conservation BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- CD34 Zoology with Conservation MZool (Conservation) (4 years)
- C319 Zoology with Climate Change Studies BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- C321 Zoology with Climate Change Studies MZool (Climate Change Studies) (4 years)
- C304 Zoology with Herpetology BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- C303 Zoology with Herpetology MZool (Herpetology) (4 years)
- C350 Zoology with Marine Zoology BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- C353 Zoology with Marine Zoology MZool (Marine Zoology) (4 years)
- C329 Zoology with Primatology BSc (Hons) (3 years)
- C333 Zoology with Primatology MZool (Primatology) (4 years)
- C330 Zoology with Ornithology BSc (3 years)
Which Zoology degree?
If you’re not sure which degree suits you best; don’t worry. The first year of all our Zoology degrees follow a similar structure. Meaning you can switch between most Zoology degrees towards the end of your first year, as long as you’re getting the required grades.
You can also undertake a work placement as part of your degree, or even an entire year abroad.
You’ll be taught Zoology by a range of academic members of staff from the School of Natural Sciences. Our staff are passionate about their interests and always happy to discuss them with students – in and out of lectures.
Read more about our staff in the School of Natural Sciences by visiting their personal web pages.
Research in Zoology
Lecturers and researches at Bangor University are involved in a huge range of zoological research fields, which take them right across the globe. We actively encourage students to get involved with many of these projects and to take advantage of the cutting-edge facilities on offer in the School of Natural Sciences.