Financial assistance for Postgraduate Students under 25
Student Services has secured for the University a sum of money from the Thomas Howell fund via the Drapers’ Company to distribute to Postgraduate Students aged under 25 who are experiencing financial hardship in the academic year 2014/15.
Criteria for allocation:
- Home “UK” taught Postgraduates students aged under 25
- Assistance for disabled students experiencing financial hardship as a result of their disability or who have course related costs which are not covered by Disabled Students Allowances
- Help towards childcare costs for students with dependents on a low income, or for lone parents
- Assistance for students who have high travel costs
- Assistance for students experiencing unexpected hardship through accident, illness, family circumstance
- Consideration will be given to assistance with the cost of field trips, practical work or dissertation/thesis production where a student is experiencing financial hardship.
Should a student fall into one or more of the categories listed above this does not mean automatic entitlement to an award. Students identified must provide evidence that their financial circumstances merit support from the fund.
How and when to apply
Students may apply now and should call or visit the Money Support Unit to discuss their situation. All applications must be on a valid form and returned to the Money Support Unit with all the relevant photocopied documentation before Friday 17th April 2015.
For an application for either:
Telephone: 01248 38 3566 / 3637
Visit: 1st Floor, Neuadd Rathbone, College Road
Publication date: 11 March 2015