Wales is at the forefront of educational reform and our new courses are designed with these holistic and pedagogical changes in mind, meaning that you will graduate with a highly contemporary teaching skill set and knowledge base, making you highly employable.
We firmly believe that we are educating tomorrow’s change makers. These courses will enable you to be at the heart of quality teaching wherever your teaching career takes you.
- 5th for Student Satisfaction (NSS 2020)
- Top 10 for Research (Times Good University Guide 2021)
- Top 20 overall for Education (Times Good University Guide 2021)
- Our highly trained university tutors and teaching mentors pride themselves on providing you with excellent support and guidance during our PGCE
- You’ll meet staff and students working on a variety of curriculum development projects and research, which provides a stimulating learning environment
- Our international expertise and experience of the latest leadership theory and research prepares you for future leadership positions
- As we are located in the ideal position for outdoor education all our Secondary PGCE courses can also be done in conjunction with Outdoor Activities.
- Our PGCE Primary route enables you to experience not only Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2 but also spend time in a secondary school
- Opportunity to study through the medium of Welsh
- Placements available across North Wales in a wide variety of school types and settings
- Whether you opt to be placed in a Welsh or English medium school (depending on your language abilities) you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of teaching in a bilingual environment
There is a growing body of evidence that school leadership has an impact on student outcomes, second only to the influence of teachers in the classroom. The research expertise we have within the School impacts on both the content of this programme and the significant developments across the region and national level with respect to developing strong and effective leadership teams in our schools.
The PGCE Primary and Secondary courses are designed to provide you with a deep understanding of how children learn and equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to be a creative and innovative teacher. Our courses have some unusual features that our students really value:
- You’ll benefit from university-based lectures and training sessions run in school by experienced teachers and mentors
- Your teacher training is based on recent research work in different aspects of education and practical experience in schools with children of different ages, giving you a contemporary teaching skill set
- Modules covering elements such as pedagogy, professional aspects, core values of education and subject specific modules
- Our compact course model allows you to qualify quicker.