International Incorporated Bachelors
The International Incorporated Bachelors Degree offers a four-year degree option at Bangor University in a range of popular subjects.
International Year Zero
International Year Zero (IYZ) is the first stage of a four-year IIB degree. IYZ is designed to help you gain extra skills in your subject area, as well as English Language, before you continue to year one of your chosen Bangor University undergraduate degree course.
Studied across three terms, you will continue straight onto Year One of your degree programme once you have successfully completed your IYZ. We have start dates in January and September.
You can choose to study one of the following three routes:
- Business, Management and Finance
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Law, Media, Psychology, and Social Sciences
Every IYZ has the same key elements:
English for Academic Purposes/English – Advanced
English for Academic Purposes aims to improve your English skills to help you with life and study in the UK.
UK Government and Society: You’ll learn the main features of British democracy, the Crown, Parliament, Cabinet government, devolution, local government and the role of the civil service.
Information Technology and Communication Skills: You will focus on appropriate means of communication in academic work and developing a foundation in computing and IT skills that will enable you to be successful in your undergraduate studies.
- IELTS 4.5 (with no skill below 4.0) with 12 week pre-sessional English programme, or
- IELTS 5.0 (with no skill below 4.5) with 6 week pre-sessional English programme, or
- IELTS 5.5 (with no skill below 5.5)
- High school certificate or equivalent from your home country