Application Development 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Llyr Ap Cenydd
Indicative content includes:
- Intermediate level programming exercises using C#. Continuing use of an appropriate software development environment.
- Introduction to SQL databases available and configuration of an SQL database
- Building a database structure in an embedded SQL database and populating the tables with a set of data provided
- Use of library classes; e.g. lists, stacks, queues, maps, sets, trees; definition of new data types; classes as attributes; encapsulation
- Understanding the exception mechanisms found in C#. try-catch statements.
- Windows GUIs with WPF applications.
- Investigate and utilize advanced features. E.g. Sockets, Threading and Events.
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Ability to follow a development process, from design to testing.
- Capture requirements and convert those into the appropriate application logic, using intermediary pseudo-code where necessary.
- Construct appropriate defect reports and their uses to limit the number of defects in software.
- Demonstrate intermediate-level Programming Skills using C#, including the use of library and support classes.
- Prepare and implement appropriate responses to unexpected, inappropriate, or illegal input to avoid unhandled errors.
C# Syntax Test assessed via Blackboard.
Logbook Or Portfolio
A set of defined software design documents, including a specification detailing the software to be produced. (Portfolio sections 1-3).
Logbook Or Portfolio
Final program, code, pseudo-code and test plan. (Portfolio sections 4-6).
Complete a Test Plan for a given application.