Developing Mobile Technology
Developing Mobile Technology (Cambria) 2022-23
School Of Computer Science And Electronic Engineering
Module - Semester 1 & 2
Indicative content includes:
● Understanding the nature of mobile content and development.
● Understand the legal and ethical elements of mobile development.
● Understand the rapidly changing environment and choices that face a mobile developer.
● Understanding the range of platforms and compatibility between software tools.
● Understand the HCI guidelines applicable to mobile devices.
● Interpreting a business scenario and to create a design and final solution.
● Using suitable software development tools to develop mobile applications.
● User interface (screens, imagery text boxes, labels, buttons etc.)
● User interaction (input using swipe, tap and touch control, events handlers, triggers, etc.)
● Use of suitable validation and error handling.
● The use of debugging tools.
● Devising and using a valid test plan to test the final solution.
● Review and justify design and development decisions made.
-threshold -Equivalent to 40%.Uses key areas of theory or knowledge to meet the Learning Outcomes of the module. Is able to formulate an appropriate solution to accurately solve tasks and questions. Can identify individual aspects, but lacks an awareness of links between them and the wider contexts. Outputs can be understood, but lack structure and/or coherence.
-good -Equivalent to the range 60%-69%.Is able to analyse a task or problem to decide which aspects of theory and knowledge to apply. Solutions are of a workable quality, demonstrating understanding of underlying principles. Major themes can be linked appropriately but may not be able to extend this to individual aspects. Outputs are readily understood, with an appropriate structure but may lack sophistication.
-excellent -Equivalent to the range 70%+.Assemble critically evaluated, relevent areas of knowledge and theory to constuct professional-level solutions to tasks and questions presented. Is able to cross-link themes and aspects to draw considered conclusions. Presents outputs in a cohesive, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Develop a design of a mobile application for a given scenario.
- Develop a mobile application to a given scenario.
- Devise and use a test plan to carry out application testing.
- Discuss the nature and context of mobile development including the rapidly changing
- Justify the design, methods and choices made.
- Review the strengths and weaknesses of the completed solution.
Mobile Application Design Design a mobile application for a given scenario that will have several linked screens, include: text, images, buttons/links and user input as a minimum. The design will include: •Research of existing applications, fullscreen designs, documented content and proposed functionality. •A justification of the design choices made.
App Dev Report Produce a report on mobile application development that includes:•A discussion and comparison of different mobile platforms and technology. •Discuss the rapidly changing methods available to mobile developers including justification of different approaches.
Mobile Application Produce and test a mobile application to demonstrate competence using suitable development tools.