Beginners' Italian Plus
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Ruben Chapela-Orri
- To enhance students' understanding of the language.
- To enable students to improve their oral skills.
This module runs during the second semester and is aimed at post beginners. The course is based on a communicative approach and helps students to develop all the key language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. After each of the contact hours, students are expected to spend at least 30 minutes of self-study to revise and consolidate what they have learned in class.
The textbook for this course is Foundations Italian 1, Palgrave Foundations Series Languages (3rd edn), by Mara Benetti, Carmela Murtas, Caterine Varchetta and Roberto Di Napoli (Palgrave Macmillan, 2008) (ISBN 978-1-137-57921-8). By the end of this course students will reach level A2 Waystage as defined by the Common European Framework, Language Assessment Scales.(1)
(1) Level One: Competent in a limited range of predictable and simple language tasks, using mainly set expressions and simple combinations of these. Capable of some rehearsed grammatical manipulations. This applies to all the 4 language skills: speaking, reading, listening and writing.
40-49%: For the award of credit, students should demonstrate a satisfactory comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations at a basic level.
50-69%: For the award of higher grades, students should demonstrate a solid comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them in specific situations.
70+%: For the award of the highest grade, students should demonstrate a detailed comprehension of the various grammatical areas studied and an ability to implement them confidently in specific situations.
An understanding of the following topics and functions: - Talking about oneself and others both in the present and in the past: family; daily routine; preferences; likes/dislikes; hobbies and free time; renting accommodation - Asking and answering questions about jobs; writing a CV/applying for jobs - Ordering food and drinks - Booking into a hotel room - Numbers - Colours
An understanding of the following grammar: - Nouns - Adjectives (including possessive adjectives) - Pronouns (including direct and indirect object pronouns) - Definite and indefinite articles - Some common prepositions - The present tense of all regular verbs and some irregular ones (e.g.: essere; avere; andare; fare; uscire; preferire) - Reflexive verbs (present tense) - Passato prossimo - Conditional
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
2 contact hours per week x 10 weeks.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach