Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Ruben Chapela-Orri
This module is aimed at students with some prior elementary knowledge of Chinese. It is based on a communicative approach and helps students to enhance all the key language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. The course will focus on the linguistic skills necessary to cope with daily life situations, to describe some simple events and to express some simple ideas and views while engaged in discussion in a limited range of topics. Students will also be familiarised with more Chinese characters. Both Chinese and English will be used as the language of instruction in class. The emphasis of the module will be on communication and acculturation with a view to preparing students for travel, commerce and work in the global context. This module is between A2 Basic User and B1 Independent User of the Common European Framework, approaching HSK2.
As per the aims stated, this course is designed to further develop students’ skills in Mandarin Chinese. This course is still very much practice-based, focusing on listening and speaking, with a balance between communicative activities, structure practice, grammar and reading.
Consolidate the essential structures of Chinese and develop both vocabulary and range of language structures.
Further develop active and passive language skills, including comprehension skills in listening, productive skills in speaking, reading and writing.
Deepen students’ understanding and appreciation of the customs, culture and society of China and develop students’ awareness of the general social and cultural background of Chinese.
Textbook: HSK 2 Standard Course for Intermediate Chinese: HSK 2 Standard Course, Jiang Liping (Lead Author) and Wang Fang, Wang Feng, and Liu Liping (Authors), (Beijing Language and Culture University Press)
40-49%: For the award of credit, students should demonstrate a satisfactory comprehension of the various thematic grammatical and lexical areas studies, and an ability to implement them at a basic level.
50-69%: For the award of higher grades, students should demonstrate a solid comprehension for the various thematic, grammatical and lexical areas studies, and an ability to comprehend and produce the language confidently.
70+%: For the award of the highest grade, students should demonstrate a detailed comprehension of the various thematic, grammatical and lexical areas studied and should demonstrate that considerable independent work has been done with a view to reaching an advanced knowledge of the language.
Consolidate and expand the fundamentals of the language acquired at the level of Beginners and Beginners Plus.
Demonstrate competence in the use of basic grammatical structures of Chinese.
Read and comprehend straightforward written and aural texts on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, study, leisure etc in Chinese.
Communicate effectively on a broad range of general topics which are familiar or of personal interest both orally and in writing, and produce simple connected descriptive and narrative texts.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Language learning seminars 2 hours per week x 10 weeks (including 1-hour in class test in Week 5 and Week 10 respectively)
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.