Foundation Year Project
Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
40.000 Credydau neu 20.000 Credyd ECTS
Semester 1 a 2
Trefnydd: Dr Vivek Thuppil
The Foundation Year Project module aims to provide students with the essential skills involved in planning, undertaking and presenting a piece of independent research on a topic relevant to their degree programme. The module will link to knowledge and skills developed in the programme and place a strong emphasis on the application of these to the topic being investigated.
Under the supervision of an academic member of staff, students will develop a research project on a topic of interest to them and aligned to their degree subject. The project will address a problem/topic through an identified aim and associated objectives. The project will draw on evidence sourced from primary and/or secondary sources and will present and analyse the evidence using appropriate techniques. The project module will be an opportunity to put into practice relevant academic skills developed in the Foundation Year programme and also to apply knowledge from other modules.
Grade B- to B+ A generally well- developed understanding of relevant subject material with occasional errors present. Demonstrates the largely correct application of relevant techniques, with only minor instances of inaccuracy and/or misconception evident. There is good evidence of engagement with available information sources. Presentation of information and associated structure is clear and well-developed.
Grade A- and above A well-developed understanding of relevant subject material with only very minor errors present. Demonstrates the highly correct application of relevant techniques, with virtually no instances of inaccuracy and/or misconception evident. There is excellent evidence of engagement with available information sources. Presentation of information and associated structure is clear and well-developed with some evidence reflectivity.
Grade D- to D+ Basic understanding of relevant subject material but some errors present. Demonstrates the application of relevant techniques, but with limited success and/or some inaccuracies and misconceptions evident. There is limited evidence of engagement with available information sources. Presentation of information lacks clarity and clear structure.
C- i C+
A more developed understanding of relevant subject material but some errors present. Demonstrates the application of relevant techniques, with some success but contains some inaccuracies with some occasional misconceptions evident. There is some evidence of engagement with available information sources. Presentation of information and associated structure is generally clear but with scope for improvement.
Devise and undertake an investigation to address a specified aim.
Analyse a data set using appropriate methods.
Produce a data set using appropriate techniques.
Communicate information effectively using appropriate means.
|GWAITH CWRS||Project Report||70.00|
|GWAITH CWRS||Project Proposal||
The proposal will outline the aim(s) and objectives for the project, how scientific data will be obtained, what type of data is expected to be obtained, and what types of comparisons will be made.
|CYFLWYNIAD UNIGOL||Project Presentation||15.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
1*2 hour presentation seminar
Time spent working on the project and associated assignments.
241 tutorial (11 hour supervision tutorial per fortnight)
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Understand the scientific underpinnings of psychology as a discipline.
- Communicate psychological concepts effectively in written form.
- Communicate psychological concepts effectively in oral form.
- Be computer literate for the purpose of processing and disseminating psychological data and information.
- Retrieve and organise information effectively.
- Engage in effective teamwork for the purpose of collaborating on psychological projects.
- Work effectively under pressure (time pressure, limited resources, etc) as independent and pragmatic learners.
- Carry out empirical studies by operationalizing research questions, generating hypotheses, collecting data using a variety of methods, analysing data using quantitative and/or qualitative methods, and present and evaluate research findings (under appropriate supervision).
- Comprehend and use psychological data effectively, demonstrating a systematic knowledge of the application and limitations of various research paradigms and techniques.
- Employ evidence-based reasoning and examine practical, theoretical and ethical issues associated with the use of different methodologies, paradigms and methods of analysis in psychology.
- Be aware of ethical principles and approval procedures.
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C80F: BSc Psychology year 0 (BSC/PSF)