Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Rebecca Sharp
The purpose of this module is to provide students with an understanding of the fundamental principles and methods of applied behaviour analysis. Learning and behaviour change are examined through concepts such as reinforcement, antecedents, motivating operations, and stimulus control. We will discuss how people learn, why behaviour can be so hard to change, and what behavioural approaches can offer in improving the lives of clinical populations such as people with developmental or intellectual disabilities, dementia, and brain injury, as well as neuro-typical populations. We will discuss behaviour analytic approaches to language, as well as the importance of language in interacting with client groups and peers in behaviour analysis.
The list of topics to be covered by the module will include measurement and design in behavioural practice and research, the four-term contingency, basic and applied topics in behaviour analysis (e.g., the generalised matching law, behavioural economics, choice), behavioural skills training, assessment methods, behavioural approaches to language, and clinical interventions in behaviour analysis. In addition, students will be informed on the populations with whom behaviour analysts may work.
Some basic understanding of behavioural principles but understanding incomplete. Weakness in linking theoretical concepts to real-world applications of behaviour analysis. Information used from lectures only with little evidence of any independent reading or study. Little critical analysis of material. Lacks integration of information from multiple sources or lecture topics, and arguments are weak and poorly supported. Poor structure and formatting of written work.
Understanding of behavioural principles is well demonstrated. Able to integrate some information from multiple sources, although limited original interpretations. Arguments are mostly well presented and coherent, with some critical analysis. Some demonstration of the ability to link theoretical concepts with real-world applications. No major errors in formatting.
Excellent understanding of behavioural principles and ability to integrate information from multiple sources. Able to critically analyse information, and effectively and creatively link theoretical knowledge to real-world applications of behaviour analysis. Arguments are coherent, articulate, and well structured. Formatting is correct and work well presented.
Describe behavioural terms and concepts in both every-day and technical language.
Demonstrate knowledge of the 4-term contingency.
Describe methods derived from the behaviour analytic literature to produce behaviour change.
Apply methods derived from the behaviour analytic literature to produce behaviour change.
|Assignment: Video games and schedules of reinforcement OR How to train your raptor||35.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Weekly two-hour lecture
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Understand the scientific underpinnings of psychology as a discipline.
- Communicate psychological concepts effectively in written form.
- Be computer literate for the purpose of processing and disseminating psychological data and information.
- Retrieve and organise information effectively.
- Handle primary source material critically.
- Use effectively personal planning and project management skills.
- Work effectively under pressure (time pressure, limited resources, etc) as independent and pragmatic learners.
- Problem-solve by clarifying questions, considering alternative solutions, making critical judgements, and evaluating outcomes.
- Reason scientifically and demonstrate the relationship between theory and evidence.
- Comprehend and use psychological data effectively, demonstrating a systematic knowledge of the application and limitations of various research paradigms and techniques.
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
Students will be provided with a discount code for the core text, and will also be able to purchase single chapters as pdfs.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/ppp-2015.html
Core Reading: Miltenberger, R.G. (2012). Behaviour Modification: Principles and Procedures. (any edition). Wadsworth.
Recommended Reading: Cooper, J. O., Heron, T. E., & Heward, W. L. (2007). Applied behavior analysis. (2nd ed.): Pearson. (covers much the same as Miltenberger but more depth)
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- LC31: BA Criminology & Crim Justice & Psychology (with Int Exp) year 2 (BA/CCJPIE)
- MC98: BA Criminology/Psychology year 2 (BA/CRP)
- X319: BA Childhood and Youth Studies and Psychology year 2 (BA/CYP)
- CQ83: BA English Language & Psychology year 2 (BA/ELPSY)
- Q1C8: BA Linguistics and Psychology year 2 (BA/LP)
- CL83: BA Sociology/Psychology year 2 (BA/PS)
- CL84: BA Social Policy/Psychology year 2 (BA/SPP)
- CL85: BA Social Policy & Psychology with International Experience year 2 (BA/SPPIE)
- C80B: BSc Psychology (Bangor Uni Intl Coll) year 2 (BSC/BICPS)
- C880: BSC Psych with Cl & Hlth Psych year 2 (BSC/PHS)
- C88B: BSc Psychology w Clin & Health Psy (4yr with Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/PHS1)
- 8X44: BSc Psychology with Clinical & Health Psychology (Int Exp) year 2 (BSC/PHSIE)
- C88P: BSc Psychology with Clinical & Health Psy with Placement Yr year 2 (BSC/PHSP)
- C804: BSc Psychology (with International Experience) year 2 (BSC/PIE)
- C800: BSC Psychology year 2 (BSC/PS)
- C81B: BSc Psychology (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 2 (BSC/PS1)
- C80F: BSc Psychology year 2 (BSC/PSF)
- C80P: BSc Psychology with Placement Year year 2 (BSC/PSP)
- C813: BSc Psychology with Forensic Psychology year 2 (BSC/PSYFP)
- C84B: BSc Psychology with Forensic Psych (4 yr with Incorp Foundn) year 2 (BSC/PSYFP1)
- C81P: BSc Psychology with Forensic Psychology with Placement Year year 2 (BSC/PSYFPP)
- C801: BSC Psychol w Neuropsychol year 2 (BSC/PSYN)
- C83B: BSc Psychology with Neuropsychology (4yr with Incorp Found) year 2 (BSC/PSYN1)
- C809: BSc Psychology with Neuropsy (with International Experience) year 2 (BSC/PSYNIE)
- C84P: BSc Psychology with Neuropsychology with Placement Year year 2 (BSC/PSYNP)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- N5C8: BSc Marketing with Psychology year 2 (BSC/MP)