Starting your LLM in January?
Courses starting in January
How to apply...
Find out more...
LLM courses – January start
Here at Bangor University you can study for your LLM course with a January start (also known as a January intake or January admissions) – enabling you to start your course in January month and complete your studies in the UK within a single calendar year.
Why study LLM with us?Need to know more? Get in touch...
Our January start LLM programmes are the same as our conventional September start programmes. There are a few key reasons why you should consider our LLM courses:
- Work Placements with a number of Law firms during study
- Top-10 in the UK for Teaching Quality in Law – Times university league table 2017
- Top-15 in the UK for Course Satisfaction in Law – Guardian 2016
- “Best UK University setting” – The Independent
- Close to major cities like London (3.5 hrs), Manchester (1.5 hrs) and Liverpool (1.5hrs)
LLM courses – January start
Bangor University offers the following LLM programmes as January start courses:
- International Commercial and Business Law LLM
- International Criminal Law and International Human Rights Law LLM
- International Intellectual Property Law LLM
- International Law LLM
- Law LLM
- Law and Banking LLM
- Law of the Sea LLM
- Maritime Law LLM
- Procurement Law, Strategy and Practice by Distance Learning LLM
Other relevant January start courses
To study on one of our January start LLM courses you will need to satisfy the following criteria:
- A good undergraduate degree or equivalent
- IELTS score of 6.5 (with no element below 6.0) or equivalent.
Note: we invite students from over 80 countries and the entry requirements may vary depending on the country you studied from. Please visit our country specific pages (e.g. China, India, Nigeria, Vietnam, Thailand, others) for more details.
Tuition Fees – LLM January intake
Refer our International Tutions Fee page for details.
Scholarships for international students
Bangor University offers a range of scholarships (upto full tution fee waiver) are available to international students starting LLM courses in January.
- All eligible international students will automatically be considered for international scholarship worth £2,500 each.
- All outstanding international students (e.g. 1st class honours degree holders) will be automatically considered for a £5,000 scholarship.
- Limited scholarships worth full tution fee waiver are also available.
Apart from above scholarships, you may also be eligible for other scholarships and discounts available for international students. Please refer to the international scholarships page for further details.
Accommodation – January start
We may be able to offer some accommodation to students beginning their study in January, but there is a good choice of accommodation in the private sector. Our International student support office will help you to find accommodation that suits your needs.