Rhedir gan Bangor Business School
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Ms Georgina Smith
Building a high value brand is at the heart of successful companies. This module will teach students the foundations of what is a brand, what a brand can and cannot offer, the factors that are important in building and maintaining a positive brand image as well as building brand equity. Further, the meaning of brands for consumers will be studied. A number of case studies will be used to learn from real life examples.
The course will provide an introduction to brand management principles and practices, covering among others brand equity theory, brand positioning, consumers and brands, as well as the planning and implementation of brand management programmes.
High standard (B- to B+ / 60-69%): Very good performance. Most of the relevant information accurately deployed. Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
(A- to A* / 70+%) An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
(D- to D+ / 40-49%) No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills. Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
C- i C+
(C- to C+ / 50-59%) Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed. Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements. Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and be able to critically evaluate the theories and principles underlying brand management practices.
Apply managerial judgement, analytical and critical skills to brand management issues and problems.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of how brand management practices might influence individual consumer behaviour and enhance brand equity.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
A two hour lecture per week for 10 weeks
Reading core texts and highlighted lecture-based reading materials. Preparations, development and writing report. Preparation for final exam.
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- People management: to include communications, team building, leadership and motivating others.
- Problem solving and critical analysis: analysing facts and circumstances to determine the cause of a problem and identifying and selecting appropriate solutions.
- Research: the ability to analyse and evaluate a range of business data, sources of information and appropriate methodologies, which includes the need for strong digital literacy, and to use that research for evidence-based decision-making.
- Conceptual and critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Self-management: a readiness to accept responsibility and flexibility, to be resilient, self-starting and appropriately assertive, to plan, organise and manage time.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/asb-3530.html
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N503: BSc Marketing (Bangor International College) year 3 (BSC/BICMRK)
- N501: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKT)
- N50B: BSc Marketing (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 3 (BSC/MKT1)
- N50F: BSc Marketing year 3 (BSC/MKTF)
- N50P: BSc Marketing with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/MKTP)
- N5C8: BSc Marketing with Psychology year 3 (BSC/MP)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- N107: BA Business year 3 (BA/BUS)
- N5R3: BA Marketing with Italian year 4 (BA/MKITAL)
- N5R1: BA Marketing with French year 4 (BA/MKTFR)
- NR51: BA Marketing and French (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTFR#)
- N5R6: Marketing with French with International Experience year 4 (BA/MKTFRIE)
- N5R2: BA Marketing with German year 4 (BA/MKTGER)
- NR52: BA Marketing and German (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTGER4)
- NR53: BA Marketing and Italian (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTITAL)
- NR54: BA Marketing and Spanish (4 year) year 4 (BA/MKTSP)
- N5R4: BA Marketing with Spanish year 4 (BA/MKTSP#)
- N2N5: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BMM)
- N2NC: BSc Business Man & Marketing (4 yr with Incorp Foundation) year 3 (BSC/BMM1)
- N5NF: BSc Business Management and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BMMF)
- N5NP: BSc Business Management and Marketing with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/BMMP)
- NNM1: BSc Business Studies & Marketing with Intl Experience year 4 (BSC/BSMIE)
- NN1M: BSc Business Studies and Marketing year 3 (BSC/BSMKT)
- NN1K: BSc Business Studies & Marketing (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/BSMKT1)
- C6N5: BSc Sport Science & Marketing year 3 (BSC/SSM)
- CN5P: Sport Science and Marketing with Placement Year year 4 (BSC/SSMP)