Rhedir gan School of Languages, Literatures, Linguistics and Media
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
This continuation module to Dutch I [LXG2009] deepens students' understanding of contemporary Dutch and introduces them to examples of modern Dutch prose writing.
Students on this module will be working towards achieving B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
The module builds on the foundation knowledge gained in Dutch I [LXG2009] and equips students with a sound basis in contemporary Dutch.
Set Text Gerdi Quist et al., Routledge Intensive Dutch Course (New York: Routledge, 2006)
Websites: SMLC offers a link list for all language students that covers the most important resources (newspapers, TV channels, online grammar and dictionaries, etc.) in the language(s) that they study: http://www.bangor.ac.uk/ml/links-dutch.php.en
40-49% Demonstrate understanding of basic forms of modern Dutch and able to communicate basic information.
50-69% Demonstrate accuracy of expression and breadth of vocabulary in both written and spoken Dutch.
70+% Demonstrate a secure grasp of the language commensurate with the time available for study. Evidence of fluency and linguistic competence.
Display the ability to express themselves, both orally and in writing, in the target language with greater confidence, demonstrating a good grasp of vocabulary and more advanced grammatical constructions.
Display sound comprehension skills.
Display the ability to read basic Dutch prose.
Demonstrate an awareness of contemporary Dutch society and culture.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
3 x 1 hour language sessions per week for 11 weeks. These will focus on the key skills of reading and writing, grammar, and aural and oral skills.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Dadl - Gallu cyflwyno, trafod a chyfiawnhau barn neu lwybr gweithredu, naill ai gydag unigolyn neu mewn grwˆp ehangach
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Studying the countries or regions where the target language is used, including aspects of their literatures, cultures, linguistic contexts, history, politics, geography and social or economic structures. (Benchmark statement 5.10)
- The ability to extract and synthesise key information from written and spoken sources in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4, 5.14)
- The ability to use the target language creatively and precisely in short written assignments in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.14)
- The ability to translate short passages into and out of the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- Engaging with, interpreting and critically evaluating short and longer contemporary texts (short stories, films, novels) in the target language (Benchmark statement 5. 8, and 5.9)
- Effective oral communication and presentation skills (including delivery and argument development, discussion and defence) in the target language through individual and/or group discussions. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- The ability to use the target language creatively and precisely in oral assignments, showing familiarity with a range of topics and registers in formal and informal situations. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- Develop aural comprehension skills in the target language, supported by a wide range of appropriate materials in different media. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- The ability to read, understand and summarise written texts in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4)
- Sensitivity to and analysis of grammar and syntax in the target language, as well as basic morphology and phonology. (Benchmark statement 5.8, and 5.9)
- Basic reading and listening skills in the target language as well as vocabulary acquisition. (Benchmark statement 5.3, 5.4, 5.7, and 5.10)
- The ability to make effective use of notes and to carry out independent study. (Benchmark statement 5.15)
- Develop verbal communication skills in the target language through group work and class discussions. (Benchmark statement 5.8)
- The ability to read, understand, translate, and write short texts in the target language (benchmark statement 5.13, 5.14, 5.15 and 5.16)
- Further develop students's verbal communication skills through group work and class discussions.
- The ability to read, understand, translate, and write more complex texts in the target language. (Benchmark statement 5.13, 5.14, 5.15, and 5.16)
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/lxg-2011.html
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- R2N2: BA German with Business Management year 2 (BA/GBM)
- R2NC: BA German with Business Studies year 2 (BA/GBS)
- T109: BA German with Chinese year 2 (BA/GCH)
- R200: BA German year 2 (BA/GER)
- R2W8: BA German with Creative Writing year 2 (BA/GERCW)
- R2N1: BA German with Marketing year 2 (BA/GERMKT)
- R2R1: BA German with French year 2 (BA/GERWFR)
- R2W6: BA German with Film Studies year 2 (BA/GFS)
- R2R3: BA German with Italian year 2 (BA/GI4)
- R2P5: BA German with Journalism year 2 (BA/GJO)
- R2P4: BA German with Media Studies year 2 (BA/GMST)
- R2C8: BA German with Psychology year 2 (BA/GPSY)
- R2R4: BA German with Spanish year 2 (BA/GS4)