Corp. Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility 2022-23
Bangor Business School
Module - Semester 2
This module will develop an understanding of the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility to various stakeholders. This will involve dealing with the question of business ethics and what this represents. How CSR can be successfully implemented in the workplace will be examined and consideration given to the difficulties and dilemmas that such implementation can entail. The module involves a visit to an external organisation, during which emphasis will be placed upon its CSR strategies. During the field visit there will be an opportunity to relate CSR theory to its practical applications.
-threshold -Satisfactory standard: (D- to D+ / 40-49)No major omissions or inaccuracies in the deployment of information/skills.Some grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Integration of theory/practice/information present intermittently in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.
-good -High Standard: 60-69 / B- to B+ Very good performanceMost of the relevant information accurately deployed.Good grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work'sobjectives.Evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-excellent -Excellent standard: A- to A* / 70+ An outstanding performance, exceptionally able. The relevant information accurately deployed. Excellent grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practice elements. Good integration of theory/practice/information in pursuit of the assessed work's objectives. Strong evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
-another level-Average Standard: C- to C+ / 50-59 Much of the relevant information and skills mostly accurately deployed.Adequate grasp of theoretical/conceptual/practical elements.Fair integration of theory/practice/information in the pursuit of the assessed work's objectives.Some evidence of the use of creative and reflective skills.
- Analyse the impact of CSR on organisations, and formulate strategies for the incorporation of CSR into business and marketing plans.
- Critically evaluate current perspectives on CSR, with particular reference to the impact of globalisation.
- Demonstrate presentational skills and the ability to participate in teamwork and interact with non-academic professionals.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of CSR strategies, making particular reference to the organisation visited.
- Understand and explain the history and context of Corporate Social Responsibility.