Apps Artificial Intelligence
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Llyr Ap Cenydd
- To introduce artificial intelligence (A.I.) – A.I. concepts, tools and technologies.
- To provide insight into how A.I. technologies can be applied to designing intelligent systems, simulations and video games.
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and how related technologies can be used to construct intelligent systems.
Introduction to the core topics Artificial Life and behavior based AI.
Introduction to intelligent systems and the appropriate enabling technologies.
Case studies will be used to illustrate how methods and technologies developed for artificial intelligence can be applied to real-world problems in areas such as computer games.
Critical analysis of various AI approaches in the development of computer games.
Cyswllt Canlyniad dysgu i Meini Prawf
Demonstrate how artificial intelligent technologies can be applied to construct intelligent systems.
|Has a basic knowledge of most of the course material and can analyze and design AI components. Can build a basic computer game with artificial life techniques. Shows understanding of the roles that AI plays in computer games.||Has an excellent understanding of the course material and an ability to analyze, critique and design to a high standard. Can build a non-trivial computer game employing a variety of AI technologies. Is able to mix algorithms and methodologies to produce a desired AI behavior.||Understands most of the course material and can analyse and design most unfamiliar systems. Can build a non-trivial computer game.|
Demonstrate an understanding of the various roles AI may play in intelligent systems and video games.
|Understands and can describe in moderate detail the various roles AI can play. Demonstrates understanding of future roles of AI.||Has a deep understanding of the various roles of AI. Knows when and how to apply appropriate AI techniques for various roles. Demonstrates understanding of future roles of AI.||Has a basic knowledge of roles AI can play in intelligent systems, simulations and video games.|
Demonstrate an understanding of a selection of techniques for implementing intelligent systems and video game AI.
|Has an excellent understanding of the course material and an ability to analyse and design to a high standard. Can build a non-trivial computer game employing appropriate AI technologies such as steering behaviours, searching and finite state machines. Can write an in-depth blog that clearly outlines development and demonstrates great understanding of application of AI in games.||Has a basic knowledge of most of the course material and can analyse and design familiar systems. Can build basic computer game AI. Can author a basic blog outlining game development and demonstrate basic understanding of techniques used.||Understands most of the course material and can analyse and design most unfamiliar systems. Can build non-trivial computer game AI. Can author a moderately complex blog for the game describing various AI techniques.|
Design and implement a non-trivial application which makes significant use of artificial intelligence techniques.
|Demonstrates use of engines like Unity and NetLogo to produce moderately complex AI algorithms like procedural generators, simple search AI and finite state machines.||Able to produce basic AI algorithms using engines such as Unity and NetLogo, including simple behaviours like seek and flee. Able to use engine tools to create a basic game.||Able to implement AI algorithms in engines like Unity and Netlogo such as steering behaviours and basic sensing algorithms.|
Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of behavior based AI.
|Can explain the idea behind concepts like Breitenberg Vehicles, Finite State Machines and Steering Behaviours||Can explain in detail the advantages and disadvantages of different behaviour-based AI approaches and know when to apply them. Has an understanding of the current state of the art in behaviour-based AI.||Can display a basic understanding of AI concepts like steering behaviours and reactionary AI algorithms.|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
ASSESSED assignments, including tutorial questions, problems, essays etc.
12 hours over 12 weeks
24 hours over 12 weeks
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Adalw gwybodaeth - Gallu mynd at wahanol ac amrywiol ffynonellau gwybodaeth
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Deploy theory in design, implementation and evaluation of systems
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and economic issues
- Specify, design or construct computer-based systems
- Evaluate systems in terms of quality and trade-offs
- Deploy tools effectively
- Development of general transferable skills
- Knowledge and/or understanding of appropriate scientific and engineering principles
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- I110: BSc Computer Information Systems year 3 (BSC/CIS)
- I11B: BSc Computer Information Systems (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/CIS1)
- IN00: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business year 3 (BSC/CISB)
- IN0B: BSc Computer Information Sys for Bus (4 year w Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/CISB1)
- GN41: BSC Computer Science for Business year 3 (BSC/CSFB)
- GN4B: BSc Computer Science for Business (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/CSFB1)