Internet Tech for E-Commerce
Rhedir gan School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Panagiotis Ritsos
History of e-commerce and their technologies. Underpinning ideas and models of e-commerce. Learning from history (case examples such as pets.com, Dell, Google etc).
Broad description of different Internet technologies: such as the Structured Web, Cloud Computing, the Semantic Web and Internet-of-Things. Rich Internet Apps; and Web standards (W3C).
Description and discussion of ethical issues such as netiquette and professional issues for web tech development.
New technologies such as web-based VR and MR, pending standards.
Cyswllt Canlyniad dysgu i Meini Prawf
Demonstrate ability to assess, compare and select emerging and existing Web technologies for solutions.
|Excellent ability to discuss possible and proposed solutions. Excellent understanding of how different solutions can work together.||Show appreciation of present issues for implementing e-commerce systems and an awareness of industrial and research activities||Good understanding of all the Internet Technology parts, and able to describe the core parts and their functionality and how they fit together.|
Demonstrate ability to use client-side programming and use of the HTML DOM.
Identify and illustrate what is E-Commerce and how it has changed and adapted.
|Student will have an excellent grasp of applicability of e-systems, both current and future challenges and broader issues.||Student will be able to define e-commerce and e-business and understand current challenges.||Student will show a good understanding of e-commerce systems and explain how technologies and opportunities have changed over the years.|
Demonstrate understanding of the underpinning of a web system and decide upon the best possible solution, server side vs client side.
|Understand the concepts of how the web has evolved, a basic understanding of different technologies.||Excellent knowledge of technologies and protocols. Excellent understanding of client-side vs. server-side solutions, restfulness and advantages/ disadvantages of each||Have a good knowledge of the different components and structures that underpin a web system and server side vs client side solutions.|
|GWAITH CWRS||Programming Assignment||35.00|
|CYFLWYNIAD GRWP||Presentation Assignment||25.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
24 hours over 12 weeks
ASSESSED assignments, including tutorial questions, problems, essays etc.
20 hours over 12 weeks including Laboratory preparation and reports
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Archwilio - Gallu ymchwilio ac ystyried dewisiadau eraill
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- Knowledge and understanding of facts, concepts, principles & theories
- Use of such knowledge in modelling and design
- Problem solving strategies
- Analyse if/how a system meets current and future requirements
- Recognise legal, social, ethical & professional issues
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and economic issues
- Knowledge of information security issues
- Work as a member of a development team
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- I110: BSc Computer Information Systems year 3 (BSC/CIS)
- I11B: BSc Computer Information Systems (4 year with Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/CIS1)
- IN00: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business year 3 (BSC/CISB)
- IN0B: BSc Computer Information Sys for Bus (4 year w Incorp Found) year 3 (BSC/CISB1)
- IN02: BSc Computer Information Systems for Business (Franchised) year 3 (BSC/CISBF)
- I111: BSc Computer Information Systems with International Exp year 4 (BSC/CISIE)
- I11P: BSc Computer Information Systems with Industrial Placement year 4 (BSC/CISP)
- GN41: BSC Computer Science for Business year 3 (BSC/CSFB)