Rhedir gan School of Human and Behavioural Sciences
10.000 Credyd neu 5.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Dr Germano Gallicchio
In this module you will be introduced to fundamental aspects of biomechanics as applied to sport and exercise.
In this module, you will be introduced to fundamental aspects of biomechanics as applied to sport and exercise. The following topics will be covered;
(1) Definitions of biomechanical units of measurement (2) Laws of Motion (3) Work, Power, Energy (4) Vectors (5) Linear and Angular Kinetics and Kinematics (6) Projectiles (7) Fluid mechanics (8) Introduction to motion analysis (9) Application of biomechanics in sports and exercise.
The module will consist of 10 lectures, weekly formative MCQs and an exam preparation session.
Basic/appropriate knowledge of the key biomechanical concepts together with a basic understanding of how to apply these in the sport settings. Workings for calculations will likely be present but may contain many errors.
Good grasp of the key biomechanical concepts together with a reasonable understanding of how to apply these in the sports setting. Workings for calculations will be present, but with errors.
Excellent knowledge of biomechanical concepts and calculations, together with a very good understanding of how to apply these in a sports setting. Workings for calculations will be clear and thorough, with very few errors.
Describe the fundamental principles of biomechanics.
Describe and calculate fundamental linear and angular kinematics.
Use the common biomechanical units of measurement appropriately.
Present fundamental vector operations.
Describe and relate Newton's laws of motion.
Describe and calculate fundamental linear and angular kinetics.
|Summative Biomechanics exam||100.00|
|Weekly formative MCQ||0.00|
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Lectures will begin with a recap of the previous weeks content; including a short interactive quiz. The second portion of the lecture will consist of new content with slides and relevant reading available on blackboard a week in advance.
Students are encouraged to invest 2 hours of time ahead of the lecture to go over required reading (available on Blackboard the Wednesday before each lecture). It is then recommended that students invest 2 hours following the lecture to recap lecture notes, and complete the glossary of terms for the lecture. A formative MCQ will also be available on blackboard following each lecture for students to recap what they have learned. Formative MCQs provide immediate feedback and can be completed multiple times.
- Rhifedd - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio rhifau ar lefelau priodol o gywirdeb
- Hunanreolaeth - Gallu gweithio mewn ffordd effeithlon, prydlon a threfnus. Gallu edrych ar ganlyniadau tasgau a digwyddiadau, a barnu lefelau o ansawdd a phwysigrwydd
- Dadansoddi Beirniadol & Datrys Problem - Gallu dadelfennu a dadansoddi problemau neu sefyllfaoedd cymhleth. Gallu canfod atebion i broblemau drwy ddadansoddiadau ac archwilio posibiliadau
Sgiliau pwnc penodol
- apply knowledge to the solution of familiar and unfamiliar problems
- work effectively independently and with others
- take and demonstrate responsibility for their own learning and continuing personal and professional development
Goblygiadau o ran adnoddau ar gyfer myfyrwyr
All books available in the library and relevant chapters available on blackboard.
Rhestrau Darllen Bangor (Talis)http://readinglists.bangor.ac.uk/modules/jxh-1020.html
-McGinnis, P.M. (2005). Biomechanics of sport and exercise (2nd or 3rd edition). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics. *
-Hamill, J. & Knutzen, K.M. (2009). Biomechanical basis of human movement (3rd edition). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.*
-Blazevich, A.J. (2010). Sports Biomechanics – The Basics : optimising human performance (2nd edition). London :Bloomsbury.*
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- C61F: BSc Sport & Exercise Science with Foundation Year year 1 (BSC/SESF)
- CB69: BSC Sport, Health & Exercise Sci. year 1 (BSC/SHES)
- CB70: BSc Sport, Health & Exercise Science with International Exp year 1 (BSC/SHSIE)
- C600: BSC Sports Science year 1 (BSC/SPS)
- C60P: BSc Sport Science with Placement Year year 1 (BSC/SPSP)
- C604: BSc Sports Science (with International Experience) year 1 (BSC/SSIE)
- C608: MSci Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences year 1 (MSCI/SHS)
- C607: MSci Sport Science year 1 (MSCI/SS)
- C613: MSci Sport Science with International Experience year 1 (MSCI/SSIE)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- C681: BSc Sport & Exercise Psychology w International Experience year 1 (BSC/SEPIE)
- C680: BSc Sport and Exercise Psychology year 1 (BSC/SEXP)
- C651: BSC Sport- Health & Physical Educ year 1 (BSC/SHPE)
- C612: MSci Adventure Sport Science year 1 (MSCI/ASS)