Italian for Beginners II
Rhedir gan School of Arts, Culture and Language
20.000 Credyd neu 10.000 Credyd ECTS
Trefnydd: Mr Gareth White
- To enhance students' basic understanding of the Italian language, and to develop a more complex understanding of grammatical structures.
- To enable students to translate short texts into English and produce more advanced pieces of writing in Italian , such as short essays and letters.
- To enable students to develop intermediate oral skills, and become confident with Italian phonology.
- To enable students to read and understand intermediate texts in Italian and to enhance their vocabulary acquisition.
- To enable students to understand and respond to more complex spoken information in French in both formal and informal registers.
Students on this module will be working towards achieving B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
This module is aimed at all first year students who have completed Italian for Beginners 1. The module aims to develop the basic oral, aural and written communicative skills acquired in semester 1 in order to bring students up to and beyond a level of proficiency equivalent to 'A' level. Students apply the grammatical principles learned in semester 1 to extended pieces of writing and also focus on more complex grammatical structures. Aural communicative skills are developed through audio and video tape comprehension exercises and students are required to make individual presentations on more sophisticated topics.
Key Texts (Same as LZI-1003 in Semester 1)
New Italian Espresso, Alma Edizioni, Textbook + DVD, (2014). New Italian Espresso, Workbook (2014)
Webpages: www.rainews.it www.repubblica.it
Any other learning resources: Lingu exercises
70+%: An excellent knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and a limited ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts. Excellent oral and aural competence.
40-49%: A limited knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and a limited ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts. Basic oral and aural competence.
50-69%: A good knowledge of vocabulary and grammar and a good ability to translate and paraphrase the prescribed range of texts. Good oral and aural competence.
Listening: obtain straightforward information and opinions expressed in both formal and informal registers; progress to being able to elicit information in both formal and informal registers in the TL ( = target language).
Speaking: discuss topics of general interest in a straightforward manner, use formal and informal registers appropriately; progress to being able to discuss topics of broader current interest; give short presentations in the TL on topics of general interest.
Writing: seek and provide straightforward information and opinions on everyday topics in the TL with a reasonable degree of accuracy in both formal and informal registers; write short letters.
Reading: obtain information from a variety of straightforward written sources, including simple journalistic texts; progress to being able to obtain information form a wider variety of written texts.
Strategaeth addysgu a dysgu
Seminars - 4 hours per week for 11 weeks (3 classes on written skills, 1 on oral/aural skills).
Private study enables consolidation of vocabulary acquisition, grammatical structures as well as oral/aural techniques. On top of regular homework exercises, the Self-Study Portfolio provides a structured approach to private study.
- Llythrennedd - Medrusrwydd mewn darllen ac ysgrifennu drwy amrywiaeth o gyfryngau
- Defnyddio cyfrifiaduron - Medrusrwydd wrth ddefnyddio ystod o feddalwedd cyfrifiadurol
- Sgiliau Rhyngbersonol - Gallu gofyn cwestiynau, gwrando'n astud ar atebion a'u harchwilio
- Cyflwyniad - Gallu cyflwyno gwybodaeth ac esboniadau yn glir i gynulleidfa. Trwy gyfryngau ysgrifenedig neu ar lafar yn glir a hyderus.
- Gwaith Tîm - Gallu cydweithio'n adeiladol ag eraill ar dasg gyffredin, ac/neu fod yn rhan o dîm gweithio o ddydd i ddydd
- Hunanymwybyddiaeth & Ystyried - Bod yn ymwybodol o'ch cryfderau, gwendidau, nodau ac amcanion eich hun. Gallu adolygu ,cloriannu a myfyrio'n rheolaidd ar eich perfformiad eich hun ac eraill.
Rhagofynion a Chydofynion
Cyrsiau sy’n cynnwys y modiwl hwn
Gorfodol mewn cyrsiau:
- N1R3: BA Business Studies with Italian year 1 (BA/BSIT)
- NR1H: BA Business Studies and Italian year 1 (BA/BUSSI)
- W8R8: BA Creative Writing and Modern Languages year 1 (BA/CWML)
- RV32: BA History and Italian (with International Experience) year 1 (BA/HITIE)
- CR6H: BA Italian/Sports Science year 1 (BA/ITSSC)
- Q3R8: BA Linguistics and Modern Languages year 1 (BA/LML)
- R800: BA Modern Languages year 1 (BA/ML)
- R807: BA Modern Languages & Criminology & Criminal Justice year 1 (BA/MLCCJ)
- R805: BA Modern Languages & Cymraeg year 1 (BA/MLCYM)
- R801: BA Modern Languages and English Literature year 1 (BA/MLEL)
- R803: BA Modern Languages & Film Studies year 1 (BA/MLFS)
- R804: BA Modern Languages & History year 1 (BA/MLH)
- R802: BA Modern Languages & Media Studies year 1 (BA/MLMS)
- R806: BA Modern Languages & Philosophy, Ethics & Religion year 1 (BA/MLPRE)
- WR33: BA Music/Italian year 1 (BA/MUIT)
- W3R8: BA Music and Modern Languages year 1 (BA/MUSML)
Opsiynol mewn cyrsiau:
- R2NC: BA German with Business Studies year 1 (BA/GBS)
- 8Y64: BA German and Spanish (with International Experience) year 1 (BA/GSIE)
- 8M74: BA Spanish with Creative Writing (with International Exp) year 1 (BA/SCIE)
- R4N1: BA Spanish with Business Studies year 1 (BA/SPBS)
- M100: LLB Law year 1 (LLB/L)
- M11B: LLB Law (4 year with Incorporated Foundation) year 1 (LLB/L1)
- M102: LLB Law (International Experience) year 1 (LLB/LI)
- M10P: LLB Law with Placement Year year 1 (LLB/LP)